• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies in South Africa 2022/23

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
Right now Markram has scored 70 percent of the total , the record is 67 percent by Charles Bannerman in a completed innings..its stood for 145 years imagine ..The very first test match ever played in 1877

Slifer

International Captain
I really don't expect much from the WI. I fully expect the team to lose 0-2 to RSA. Outside of Eng and SL, no other team has won in RSA recently. But like the Aus series, if one or more of the batsmen and a few of the bowlers can do 'something, anything' I'll be happy.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
I really don't expect much from the WI. I fully expect the team to lose 0-2 to RSA. Outside of Eng and SL, no other team has won in RSA recently. But like the Aus series, if one or more of the batsmen and a few of the bowlers can do 'something, anything' I'll be happy.
Joseph and Reifer have been positives so far , Joseph especially 7 wickets in the match and counting

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
De Zorzi and Bavuma got decent balls. Petersen should have covered better but you don’t expect to get such a low bounce first up. Elgar was just bad bazball.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This is how we look at all our newer batsmen…

Slifer

International Captain
Joseph and Reifer have been positives so far , Joseph especially 7 wickets in the match and counting
Yeah Joseph stepping up is a big plus. Especially considering that Roach can't be too far away from retirement and we'll need a new pack leader.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
Yeah Joseph stepping up is a big plus. Especially considering that Roach can't be too far away from retirement and we'll need a new pack leader.
West Indies could still win this , if they can get SA out for around 170 it's a 300 chase , a good knock from Brathwaite and you never know .

Last edited:

WpGuy

U19 Cricketer
Don't know how on Earth he dropped Kyle Verreynne from the team
My team would be and backed for 10-12 matches no matter what, maybe a change or here in the squad of 15 horses for courses, 1. De Zorzi 2. Markram, 3 Van tonder, 4 Petersen/Rickelton 5. Bavuma 6. Mulder 7. Kyle V 8, Jansen 9, Maharaj 10. Rabada 11. Nortjie, 12. Malan/Rickleton/ , 13 Richards/petersen 14 Linde 15 Harmer/Coetsee/Ngidi .

WpGuy

U19 Cricketer
He rates Klaasen higher. Can’t blame him for that. I disagree and think Verreynne should have been kept, but he has not fully inspired my confidence either.
Much younger kyle and more room to grow whereas klaasen has hit his pick imho and its mainly an international t20/one day player.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
Much younger kyle and more room to grow whereas klaasen has hit his pick imho and its mainly an international t20/one day player.
He has an opportunity to show us something tomorrow, we need a big innings from Klaasen , and Muthusamy has to also justify his selection..I don't think he will play for SA ever again if he doesn't do something in this innings and the 4th