• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official - Road to Ashes 2023

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hmm. I don't see them taking Morris to England, being fast-medium swing/seam country.

Both him and Johnson are too raw IMO, big shame the latter's already 27.
Morris will tour

We just picked Agar out of misplaced loyalty and he will get same latitude

Watch Johnson bowl

He’s test class now

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Broad would do a better job at opening the batting than he will opening the bowling. He and Anderson will likely be dropped mid series. Age comes at you fast. Look at Anderson yesterday. Woeful and pedestrian because a side batted for a day against him. He’s done too

social

Jimmeh will never be dropped

He will be in the test squad while there’s still a chance of perfect bowling conditions 1 out of every 3 tests

Let others do the donkey work and turn up to downhill ski

Story of his career

Starfighter

Morris will tour

We just picked Agar out of misplaced loyalty and he will get same latitude

Watch Johnson bowl

He’s test class now
I have watched Johnson bowl. I don't think his control is there yet.

One thing Australia will need to remember is to actually put in a third man. Unfortunately, I suspect the pigheaded arrogance that stopped us using one in previous tours will still be there and plenty of runs will be BazBalled through that area.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Jimmeh will never be dropped

He will be in the test squad while there’s still a chance of perfect bowling conditions 1 out of every 3 tests

Let others do the donkey work and turn up to downhill ski

Story of his career
This is even more rank than Burgey’s low grade trolling. Cleaning up the top order is downhill skiing now. Well I never.

social

On a serious note, Broad is a good shout for England’s best ever bowler

Guy has produced as many match winning spells as anyone in history

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
On a serious note, Broad is a good shout for England’s best ever bowler

Guy has produced as many match winning spells as anyone in history
The batting equivalent is maybe someone like Laxman who doesn’t have the stats of some of his peers but is remembered for some great innings. Or maybe if we stay closer to home, Pietersen.

Burgey

I have watched Johnson bowl. I don't think his control is there yet.

One thing Australia will need to remember is to actually put in a third man. Unfortunately, I suspect the pigheaded arrogance that stopped us using one in previous tours will still be there and plenty of runs will be BazBalled through that area.
Fly slip ftw. Will take a poultice if they put one in

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
Yeah, since the last time either played in a winning test in Aus
Fair point and if the upcoming Ashes was down under, then you'd be strong favourites.

But as you well know mate, this series isn't in Aus - remind me again the last time you beat us in England, which when you consider how **** you say we have been, doesn't say a whole lot about the 'mighty' Aussies does it? ?

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

He really isn’t a weak shout

Broad has produced a ridiculous number of match winning spells
Yes, only Ambrose produced more game changing spells and he was different gravy to Broad. Broad has been a great match winner, would he count as a great bowler? No, very good but a level below Walsh who wasn't top class like McGrath, Ambrose and Marshall etc...

Burgey

Fair point and if the upcoming Ashes was down under, then you'd be strong favourites.

But as you well know mate, this series isn't in Aus - remind me again the last time you beat us in England, which when you consider how **** you say we have been, doesn't say a whole lot about the 'mighty' Aussies does it? ?
The last time we beat you in England was the fourth test of the 2019 series

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
So im looking for an Aussie here prepared to wager their avatar against mine on the result of this series.

Ideally the person that takes this bet should have a history of being a ****y **** and who is on record here stating the Aussies are firm favourites to win. Now the clear candidate and my overriding favourite would obviously be @Burgey but sadly we all know he just doesn't have the stones for it. He'll reply to this stating that such bets are "beneath" him but im quite sure we're all wise enough to read between those lines......all talk, no naggots.

So is there anyone else? I'm confident enough to even give you the draw.....the bet is on who holds the urn at the end. Loser displays the chosen avatar until the morning of the first Ashes test in Brisbane.

Burgey

Nah, I never do avatar bets, haven't since I've been here.

I'll happily have a bet involving the exchange of legal tender or a case of piss or whatever though. I usually never bet on anything which can talk back, but will make an exception here.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah, I never do avatar bets, haven't since I've been here.

I'll happily have a bet involving the exchange of legal tender or a case of piss or whatever though. I usually never bet on anything which can talk back, but will make an exception here.
Haha fair enough mate.......thought maybe my rancid bait might suck you in but I guess not.

I'm more than happy to wager a Dan Murphy's voucher on it though?