• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official - Road to Ashes 2023

the big bambino

International Captain
With Bazball being a thing I wonder how it will effect pitch prep? Should be interesting if they try and bazball on anything with a bit of sideways. Could we see a series of hit through the line pitches and that would at least suit Travis Head.

Spark

Global Moderator
With Bazball being a thing I wonder how it will effect pitch prep? Should be interesting if they try and bazball on anything with a bit of sideways. Could we see a series of hit through the line pitches and that would at least suit Travis Head.
Yeah I've been wondering this. We could see pitch preparation like 2013; very dry, slow pitches to try and nullify Australia's tall quicks and really help the linehitters. Mostly it depends on the weather though.

the big bambino

International Captain
Yeah I've been wondering this. We could see pitch preparation like 2013; very dry, slow pitches to try and nullify Australia's tall quicks and really help the linehitters. Mostly it depends on the weather though.
Would be the favourite if there was a market.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The 2013 Australian attack was light years removed from the current version

Steve Smith was a bowling all rounder

Molehill

International Captain
My guess is it will be like the pitches for the NZ and India matches in 2022. Plenty in it for the new ball but as it gets older scoring becomes easier (so Head might even get some runs). ? I think they'll want matches to last 4 days minimum to guarantee the revenues. England chased down between 275-380 in all those 4 games on Days 4-5.

The SA series didn't go past Day 3 in any of the 3 matches, although that was as much down to some poor batting as anything else.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
I don't think the pitches will be prepared in any particular way, I certainly don't expect any green tops.

As ever much will depend on the weather but I don't think either side will have any cause to complain about the pitches.

social

And he didn't play in the first test. Pattinson and Starc couldn't control the Dukes ball at all and Pattinson broke down of course.
Australia’s biggest issue is availability

Cummins/Haze/Starc/Boland/Green Neser/Richardson/Lyon/Murphy with others in reserve represents incredible depth

social

Archer is many levels above Woakes and is being saved for the Ashes

Woakes is barely international standard

Gob

International Coach
Got to love the Aussie logic. A bloke who averages 22.6 in England with the ball should be discounted, but another one who got a ton in Hobart is going to have a great series.
So you are going to disregard everything about the particular wicket because it was at Hobart

Good job stupid

Molehill

International Captain
So you are going to disregard everything about the particular wicket because it was at Hobart

Good job stupid
It's less stupid that totally disregarding Head's record overseas, especially on seaming wickets.

Molehill

International Captain
Archer is many levels above Woakes and is being saved for the Ashes

Woakes is barely international standard
Yeah, I doubt Woakes will get a game, but it's handy having a bowler of his ability in these conditions in reserve.

As for not being International Standard, what on earth were Richardson and Neser doing on your list?

Gob

International Coach
It's less stupid that totally disregarding Head's record overseas, especially on seaming wickets.
Head did not play on overseas Seaming wickets after coming of age as a batsman and you would know that if you actually watch cricket

and a seaming wicket in Australia is also a Seaming wicket