• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official - Road to Ashes 2023

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lyon tends to fall apart from when attacked I feel

He's bowled some really ordinary spells in Australia recently
Every time Lyon falls apart when attacked he lose a strand of hair
I hope its true esp. for Virat as I feel the amount of unjustified vile tripe he is receiving even from some here in CW is amazing.
Whoah what's this referring to? Never seen anyone hate on him here

trundler

I enjoyed each of Root, Kohli and Williamson get dicked because being a hater is fun

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Here’s a couple of curly ones

Warner will go down as a great Australian player but I have zero faith in his ability to perform consistently in England

Do you pick him on the basis of him turning back time for one innings or so in front of someone who might average 30 but has no long term future?

Haze is perennially injured and Starc hasn’t been much good in England

Do you pick them regardless or look at the conditions & to the future?

Burgey

If Haze is fit he’s among the first picked. Starc has been very good the past 12 months across different conditions. Reckon he will go well.

Would bin Warner. Just been too bad for too long, even at home

Starfighter

No, you don't pick Warner. What's there to turn back time to? He got a few fifties in 2015 and **** all last time. I hope they don't try to meme Head into being an opener after the India series either.

Starc has changed his style to be more suitable recently but it's a still a question mark. I'd like Haze if fit but no confidence that he'd get through a test ATM. Like Richardson too but seems like he's going to be even more injured. Stupid that he's playing ODIs in India rather than making a Shield comeback.

social

Assuming that we pick 5 quicks plus Green, here’s my selection

Cummins
Starc
Boland
Neser

aaaaand

Johnson

IMO, Johnson is the biggest fast bowling talent to appear in Australia for years and there’s no time like now

He & Neser won’t be picked as it will be crocked Haze & Morris

Burgey

Cummins
Starc
Boland
Neser

aaaaand

Johnson

IMO, Johnson is the biggest fast bowling talent to appear in Australia for years and there’s no time like now

I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re all across there playing some cricket tbh so they can be called up when the other blokes have had their turn pulverising the hosts

Starfighter

Cummins
Starc
Boland
Neser

aaaaand

Johnson

Hmm. I don't see them taking Morris to England, being fast-medium swing/seam country.

Both him and Johnson are too raw IMO, big shame the latter's already 27.

social

Starc will be pulverised in England.
Your top 3 are cheap wickets

On the plus side, nobody is talking about Archer & Wood

England’s attack will be massively improved if they’re available

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Your top 3 are cheap wickets

On the plus side, nobody is talking about Archer & Wood

England’s attack will be massively improved if they’re available
Openers are weak. Pope good at 3 in England but work tk do.

Doesn’t really matter though when you’ve got a middle order of Root, Brooks, Bairstow and Stokes (and Foakes is decent). Happy to be 18-3, and then 673-7 (by tea on day one).

Broad to open the batting FTR