• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

Xix2565

International Regular
When was last time a team dismissed India on a < 200 total in India in 1st or 2nd innings?
Answer this question before blaming Aussie bowlers.
That is on the bowling attack though? It's not like all these hopeless touring batters are going out there and giving throwdowns either.
True, but you also can’t bowl to 150 odd every innings.

You can’t consistently do it. If you try to you end up being the current South African team - a stack of world class bowlers with nothing to defend and you get belted.

If Aus makes even 200 in the second dig it’s a game. They were 2/85 then all out 110 or whatever it was. You can’t bowl to that consistently, no matter who you are. You need a total to bowl to just as much as you need bowlers who can take 20 wickets.

I’m not saying the Aus bowlers were great btw, just saying the greater of the failures in the last test by far imo was the batting. Even attacks with all timers won’t consistently bowl teams out for those sorts of numbers.
I disagree, even with the terrible collapse, if Australian bowlers were able to provide more control and were able to get the last few 2nd innings wickets cheaply, India wouldn't have been able to be more aggressive with Ashwin and Jadeja in the 3rd innings. You can't just say X team can/should make Y runs regardless of the bowlers, it's not like the bowlers have no influence in how the batters make runs. Making runs in India against this current attack is the most difficult thing in Test cricket at the moment. That the Australian bowlers couldn't match that sort of effort by India is not really a mark on them, but it is what led to the result.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
As a cricket fan, I fully support Virat Kohli's decision to end his career on his own terms. Kohli has been a stalwart of Indian cricket for over a decade, and he has given his all for the team and the sport. He has proven himself to be one of the greatest batsmen of his generation, and he has led India to numerous victories both at home and abroad.

Sunil1z

International Regular
As a cricket fan, I fully support Virat Kohli's decision to end his career on his own terms. Kohli has been a stalwart of Indian cricket for over a decade, and he has given his all for the team and the sport. He has proven himself to be one of the greatest batsmen of his generation, and he has led India to numerous victories both at home and abroad.
??

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Pre match talk seems like the 3rd test deck may offer a bit more for the aussie quicks ala a traditional sena deck. Given that we don't seem to trust any of our spinners not named lyon/murphy, is it worth just playing two seamers+green+lyon+murphy. Don't know who tf we would even play given that cummins and haze aren't in india, starc apparently still isn't 100% and the only other quick we have is morris from memory.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Boland. Everyone forgets him, I did it myself when listing the myriad fast bowlers who will destroy England come July, but he averages like 15 or something.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Based on the nets session, all sources point to Gill starting ahead of Rahul as the opener tomorrow. That makes the batting line-up more solid with Iyer also back for SKY.
Rohit has told press now not to assume Indian team selection by nets sessions and that they have always backed quality players in poor form.

Hinting that Rahul may yet play ?