• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in NZ 2023

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Leach chickened out to be honest. He had many balls he could have hit and left it to a 40 year old that doesn't have the reflex or ability to pick the ball from the hand anymore.

We played pretty bad cricket the first innings but unbelievable comeback. We were destined to win I suppose despite making so many errors.
Yeah was begging him to find a single. He did a great job with Foakes though.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Glad I turned on Kayo at the last moment to watch this. As soon as that wide / no wide wasn't called, you knew something munted was going to happen next ball.

As an aside, I eulogised Wags' career after the first test. I was wrong. Can't believe I doubted his big energy

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah but Leach had 6 balls and he had been there for a long time. He should have gone for it. You see the bazzball doesn't come to head when the pressure is on. Then it is a retreat. They should have been way more courageous.
He went for it a few times! He just missed the ball. Which was good because he could easily have holed out to one of three catching men out there and only got a single at best (which is what happened the one time he did connecct)

thierry henry

International Coach
I still wish we would just get tailenders out by bowling normally rather than down legside to a 3-6 field, but whatever, filthy old ball bodyline is the most enduring success story of our glory days

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
At risk of jinxing, "all we need to do" is play traditional test cricket. A hamfisted attempt at Bazball on the fly won't win the game for us. I'm not sure how the weather will play out but England are going to 100% charge for a win because that's their mindset. Our guys have batted time in the past and they should set targets.

* Knock off the deficit by end of day, preferably a 50 run lead.
* Bat all day tomorrow to get to 250-300 lead at least
* Bat most of the first session on day 5
* England will think 350-400 in 2.5 sessions will be a doddle, but will require accelerated batting. Most wickets to come from caught in the outfield.

Game on imo [/nzfanoptimism]

yes I realise this requires us to score like 600
Y'all are going to be surprised when Wagner comes out tomorrow and sends down fireballs

As will the rest of us - not least the non-fire-retardant batsmen at the crease.
I've made enough hedged bets in this thread to be able two quote at least two semi-accurate ones :ph34r: