• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in NZ 2023

alexaston71

Cricket Spectator
Good question. Brook's innings was unreal, and overshadowed Root's ton somewhat. But, Root is on track for a second/fourth innings ton to win a match, when if he got out for anything less than 50 NZ would be in the drivers seat. Though then you could also argue Brook's colossal quick ton really put the screws on NZ and we may have not followed on if he scored a paltry 100 and not 180.
Player of the match is awarded to the player who makes the biggest impact of the team winning the match. Brook has turned England from outsiders to favourites twice, first coming in at 23/3 and getting nearly 200 at a run a ball and then bowling Williamson when NZ were favourites which sparked a batting collapse to make England favourites

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Player of the match is awarded to the player who makes the biggest impact of the team winning the match. Brook has turned England from outsiders to favourites twice, first coming in at 23/3 and getting nearly 200 at a run a ball and then bowling Williamson when NZ were favourites which sparked a batting collapse to make England favourites
You're not wrong, but again, Root's stable 150 shouldn't be underrated. The 5 batsmen after Brook added 60 odd in 90 balls. Root out early and Brook probably isn't getting near that 180odd.

Though the same can be said for Root. He batted relatively slowly to Brook, so Brook gets out cheap and England probably have even less (this all assumes everyone from Stokes down scores the same amount of runs in this hypothetical scenario).

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Any chance of the fella at widish second slip going for a catch instead of shying away from one?

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Yep, my demoralising blackcaps test defeat bingo card was missing a Mitchell dropped catch at first slip.

Tough chance though.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
godammit Stokes

Also having to recall the 'catches get dropped off Henry' meme at this time.

The commentators seemed to miss it live, but I swear Macewell at second slip got a hand to the earlier high edge from Stokes too.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Should we bring back the tar and feathers for not picking at least 4-5 bowling options in Tests?
Yeah unless you've got a couple of all timers in your attack, it makes little sense to only have four bowlers these days.