• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The ATG Teams General arguing/discussing thread

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Man its not any offence be Broadminded. You accept when i divide players into 2 different Teams based on Political differences (India and Pakistan) you cannot accept when i divide them based on Cultural Similarity ?
Hint: Don't divide people racially. It never ends well. Amidst other horrors too numerous to name there was this Austrian chap who governed in Germany, hutus and tutsis in Rwanda, apartheid in SA, segregation in the US, and this thing called the slave trade.

How would you divide Ross Taylor when he is 50% Polynesian (Samoan) and 50% NZ European/Caucasian?

Howe_zat

Audio File
Hint: Don't divide people racially. It never ends well. Amidst other horrors too numerous to name there was this Austrian chap who governed in Germany, hutus and tutsis in Rwanda, apartheid in SA, segregation in the US, and this called the slave trade.

How would you divide Ross Taylor when he is 50% Polynesian (Samoan) and 50% NZ European/Caucasian?
He's banned mate

Coronis

International Coach
Hint: Don't divide people racially. It never ends well. Amidst other horrors too numerous to name there was this Austrian chap who governed in Germany, hutus and tutsis in Rwanda, apartheid in SA, segregation in the US, and this thing called the slave trade.

Cut him in half. Whoever gives him up has the right to him.

Coronis

International Coach
Anyway, to move on, compared to the relative strengths of each country’s first ATG XI would any country move up or down significantly if we went to 2nd or 3rd XI’s?

srbhkshk

International Captain
Anyway, to move on, compared to the relative strengths of each country’s first ATG XI would any country move up or down significantly if we went to 2nd or 3rd XI’s?
I don't think it actually impacts the ranking - but nations other than Aus/WI/SA are very hard hit in bowling terms once you go to the second XI - so as good as those three's first XIs are, imo the gap between their second XIs with other nations second XIs is probably even bigger.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There's dozens of random and pointless XIs in this thread. More than once someone has tried to do an island vs continent XI so it's almost impressive that someone could make teams so ****ty they get banned. Just when I thought we'd run out of ideas!

Coronis

International Coach
There's dozens of random and pointless XIs in this thread. More than once someone has tried to do an island vs continent XI so it's almost impressive that someone could make teams so ****ty they get banned. Just when I thought we'd run out of ideas!
Island vs continent XI (Australia as a continent for this XI)

Hobbs
Sutcliffe/Hutton
Sangakkara+
Hammond
Lara
Richards*
Sobers
Hadlee
Marshall
Ambrose
Muralitharan

Gavaskar