• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which team is currently the best, in 2023?

Test format ofc: top team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

subshakerz

International Coach
Subs, I don’t think you have any anti-India bias, but logically it doesn’t make sense to say Ind can’t be the number one team because of their failure to tie/win in SA/NZ, and ignore the fact Eng have failed to tie/win in Aus/Wi/Ind(which are the two strongest opponents for Eng), or that Aus have failed to win in Ind/Eng/Sl. Then you can say we are talking bout Stokes’s team. But then again Rohit’s Ind hasnt played yet in SA/Eng/Aus etc. Beyond the fact that Ind has maintained the best home record in recent times, and that they won twice away against their toughest opponents and tied in Eng(and they were the better team for majority of the series, and were lacking their best bat in the fifth match), and also won in Sl/Wi/Ban, there is only speculation. Aus and Eng have much bigger holes in their records.
The starting point for all of us should have been to identify the weaknesses in each of the three teams, get some agreement, and then respectfully differ over the merits of which team is still better off.

Sunil1z

International Regular
Nah , we continue to make garbage post against every Indian players like Laxman didn’t score when stakes were high and when other side reacts we get to play victim card .
This is how we roll.

Godard

U19 Vice-Captain
The starting point for all of us should have been to identify the weaknesses in each of the three teams, get some agreement, and then respectfully differ over the merits of which team is still better off.
I agree with this dude, thats why I mentioned where each team didn’t win in my post.

Godard

U19 Vice-Captain
I just believe winning/tying against your toughest opponents matters the most, no it’s not like Ind didnt win/tie anywhere except Aus and Eng. They also won in easier places like Ban, Wi and SL. And they had a home record unmatched by any other team.

Godard

U19 Vice-Captain
And this is just my point of view
I just believe winning/tying against your toughest opponents matters the most, no it’s not like Ind didnt win/tie anywhere except Aus and Eng. They also won in easier places like Ban, Wi and SL. And they had a home record unmatched by any other team.

Sunil1z

International Regular
I dont. But you cant ignore when like I said, its on every ****ing page in every ****ing thread.
Assume he doesn’t like India and ignore his post .
If rest of the Indian posters are replying to him ignore them too . Make your point and leave .

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Naah, it is the insistent denial of the truth which suggest India is better.

Paksitanis have a "jilted ex" complex with regards to India.

Pakistanis have this complex with their country failing in all fronts (economy, sports etc) and India rising and becoming richer, excelling in more sports, having tech companies, transport infrastructure etc. If India is so strong and powerful and mighty, then Pakistan would look very tiny in comparison (Admitted by Pakistanis themselves).

And cricket, the one sport in which they could compete with India till recently being dominated by India both on and off the field. That hurts Pakistanis deep down.

So all this convoluted logic to obtain peace of mind.
I see I liked this without really reading it or somehow waking up late, I read it as saltshakerz than Pakistanis, I guess. And I am honestly more ashamed than I have ever been at CW. Will remove the like immediately.

This forum is actually full of wonderful posters from Pak and for the longest time, this was perhaps the one place where Pak fans and India fans usually were the biggest supporters of each others' teams. Throughout the late 90s and even the Mis-You era, Pak have usually been a #2 or #3 side for me and have seen many Pak fans here support India just as much. Saltshakerz definitely pollutes this place with his garbage PP style posting but there is absolutely no reason to think any lesser of Pak as a country or the Pak posters here for it. It really is the worst post of the thread and once again, I profusely apologize for not reading through and liking this post.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Assume he doesn’t like India and ignore his post .
If rest of the Indian posters are replying to him ignore them too . Make your point and leave .
I am not replying to his posts at all tbh. Except the odd one once in a while, coz hey, even his posts have levels of dumbness. And I did make my point pretty clearly as far as the topic of the thread goes, I think.

subshakerz

International Coach
I agree with this dude, thats why I mentioned where each team didn’t win in my post.
It would go something like the below

India weakness - unable to win series in swinging conditions of Eng/SA/NZ

England weakness - still have yet to get over the legacy of Root's era and win in Australia/India

Australia weakness - weakest in the SC, unable to win in England/India

subshakerz

International Coach
I see I liked this without really reading it or somehow waking up late, I read it as saltshakerz than Pakistanis, I guess. And I am honestly more ashamed than I have ever been at CW. Will remove the like immediately.

This forum is actually full of wonderful posters from Pak and for the longest time, this was perhaps the one place where Pak fans and India fans usually were the biggest supporters of each others' teams. Throughout the late 90s and even the Mis-You era, Pak have usually been a #2 or #3 side for me and have seen many Pak fans here support India just as much. Saltshakerz definitely pollutes this place with his garbage PP style posting but there is absolutely no reason to think any lesser of Pak as a country or the Pak posters here for it. It really is the worst post of the thread and once again, I profusely apologize for not reading through and liking this post.
I was disappointed seeing your like on that post so thanks for clarifying.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
How is this even close lol? Englands spin stocks are an 18 yo leggie with one test and leach. India are far more competitive in sena than England are in Asia. India>>England>Australia. Australia could equal themselves with England depending on the ashes b

Sunil1z

International Regular
How is this even close lol? Englands spin stocks are an 18 yo leggie with one test and leach. India are far more competitive in sena than England are in Asia. India>>England>Australia. Australia could equal themselves with England depending on the ashes b
England actually whitewashed both Pak and SL away . So their problem isn’t Asia . Their problem is IND and AUS . They also struggle in WI .

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
England actually whitewashed both Pak and SL away . So their problem isn’t Asia . Their problem is IND and AUS . They also struggle in WI .
They whitewashed a SL side at its absolute worst. Don't think it would be that easy if they toured tommoz. Baz would probs find a way to win either way.

Sunil1z

International Regular
They whitewashed a SL side at its absolute worst. Don't think it would be that easy if they toured tommoz. Baz would probs find a way to win either way.
They have defeated SL 3-0 and 2-0 in last 2 series.SL isn’t their problem

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
SL, SA and WI just screw up all rational arguments about the best team in the world, don't they? **** them. :p

Looking like no hopers one day, then randomly going and beating someone else easily. Just so random.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year

Tbf to him, he was making solid arguments and defenses against Subz till that post. And then went too overboard there.

ma1978

International Debutant
Look this Stokes team is ridiculous - every match is prime time and Harry Brook has an ATG start

but the reality is until they can beat India and Australia, they are still pretenders. India has reigning titles against both England and Australia, they are the best until proven otherwise.