• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which team is currently the best, in 2023?

Test format ofc: top team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

subshakerz

International Coach
Warner wouldn't have made any runs. He has only scored runs against Ind in 2011 and 2014 against really weak attacks. Has failed every time in India and failed in 2020-21 as well (And he was not out of form then, just didn't have the popgun Pakistani attack to make a 300 against).

Smith would have but again that was very high level bowling so hardly would have been a crazy averaging series.

The Adelaide 36 ao was the fluke, not India winning. India have been consistently making runs against the frontline Australian bowling attack in Australia.
Quite simple. You don't need to reimagine too much. Just look at the 2018/19 series and imagine Smith/Warner. The first test is close but goes to Australia. Second test is already Australia. Third test India and last test drawn.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Anyone who thinks that saltshakerz has anything other than the typical PP agenda of dissing India (which btw is amplified everytime India win and Pak lose) are really being idiotic. There has literally been no other posts of his in ages and the only time he showed up in match threads were when suddenly it looked like Aus were doing better at Delhi.

And as I have pointed out before, it would be easy enough to ignore if it was not on every ****ing page of every ****ing thread in CC.

Sunil1z

International Regular
Anyone who thinks that saltshakerz has anything other than the typical PP agenda of dissing India (which btw is amplified everytime India win and Pak lose) are really being idiotic. There has literally been no other posts of his in ages and the only time he showed up in match threads were when suddenly it looked like Aus were doing better at Delhi.

And as I have pointed out before, it would be easy enough to ignore if it was not on every ****ing page of every ****ing thread in CC.
Why don’t you simply ignore him ? The problem is with Indian fans who continue to reply to his every post .

Xix2565

International Regular
Quite simple. You don't need to reimagine too much. Just look at the 2018/19 series and imagine Smith/Warner. The first test is close but goes to Australia. Second test is already Australia. Third test India and last test drawn.
What if the results were the same even with Warner/Smith? Or what if India win at Perth and Sydney as well? Is that more unlikely? I wouldn't think so.

subshakerz

International Coach
Naah, it is the insistent denial of the truth which suggest India is better.

Paksitanis have a "jilted ex" complex with regards to India.

Pakistanis have this complex with their country failing in all fronts (economy, sports etc) and India rising and becoming richer, excelling in more sports, having tech companies, transport infrastructure etc. If India is so strong and powerful and mighty, then Pakistan would look very tiny in comparison (Admitted by Pakistanis themselves).

And cricket, the one sport in which they could compete with India till recently being dominated by India both on and off the field. That hurts Pakistanis deep down.

So all this convoluted logic to obtain peace of mind.
Gotta say, except for Xix2565, none of you called out this trash piece of posting. Shame on you.

I don't mind anti-Pak jibes but I thought you all were above this level of gutter posting.

Godard

U19 Vice-Captain
Subs, I don’t think you have any anti-India bias, but logically it doesn’t make sense to say Ind can’t be the number one team because of their failure to tie/win in SA/NZ, and ignore the fact Eng have failed to tie/win in Aus/Wi/Ind(which are the two strongest opponents for Eng), or that Aus have failed to win in Ind/Eng/Sl. Then you can say we are talking bout Stokes’s team. But then again Rohit’s Ind hasnt played yet in SA/Eng/Aus etc. Beyond the fact that Ind has maintained the best home record in recent times, and that they won twice away against their toughest opponents and tied in Eng(and they were the better team for majority of the series, and were lacking their best bat in the fifth match), and also won in Sl/Wi/Ban, there is only speculation. Aus and Eng have much bigger holes in their records.

Sunil1z

International Regular
I mean if Indian Pakistani guys debate on anything for more than a hour , then that debate is bound to become garbage. Mods could have taken corrective measures earlier .

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
Eng aren’t getting ranked no.1 till they thrash Australia in Ashes . Ranking has lag that doesn’t mean you get ranked no.1 by beating no 5 and 6 sides away .

You need to beat top 2 sides to get huge points . Such simple things shouldn’t need explanation.
Surely beating the reigning WTC Champion counts for something.