• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which team is currently the best, in 2023?

Test format ofc: top team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PaulLennon

U19 Debutant
Anyway I thought this might be an interesting thread on what people think might be the best out of the three teams at this very instant (ignoring short-term injuries), because all three teams are very close in quality IMO. But it has devolved into a CWian festival of horrors: the worst permutation of an anal-ysis by checklist combined with nationalistic ****fighting (tbf only from Indian posters). So haha bye bye i guess

(re PEWS: I'm of the opinion that that was a fluke – a very enjoyable one though unlike ebaGOAT's. But I do think I was too overly swayed by Aus' amazeballs home summer just gone.)
Naah. Ebadot did it in one match.

India won in both MCG and Gabba and drew at Sydney. That's three matches.

Also in 2018-19 Indian batting destroyed the full strength Aussie bowling lineup at the MCG and SCG (Warner/Smith wouldn't make any difference to bowling first).

Australia are now on the verge of a 4th consecutive loss to India.

Ind winning in Australia is not a fluke. The Adelaide test was the fluke. India had a first innings lead and then succumbed to a 36 ao, something which didn't happen again and has a very very slim chance of happening again - the very definition of a fluke.

anil1405

International Captain
you barge in here with rigid takes that you refuse to change and also refuse to acknowledge others who show the flaws in it. then when they point out how you’re being biased because you’re not following your own logical framework you accuse them of nationalism and doubling down when you’re doing the same right from the start. and then in the end you claim that you’ve always been open to discussions and it’s the fault of the people who’ve pointed out the flaws in your argument for being closeted

yeah i tip my hat off to you sir
Couldn't have put this any better. When you come in with rigid takes you are bound to rigid criticism too. No other poster gets the same level/type of criticism from other members for this reason alone.

Fans of other teams will understand this when subz starts to criticise their team the way he criticises India or Kallis.

subshakerz

International Coach
Naah. Ebadot did it in one match.

India won in both MCG and Gabba and drew at Sydney. That's three matches.

Also in 2018-19 Indian batting destroyed the full strength Aussie bowling lineup at the MCG and SCG (Warner/Smith wouldn't make any difference to bowling first).

Australia are now on the verge of a 4th consecutive loss to India.

Ind winning in Australia is not a fluke. The Adelaide test was the fluke. India had a first innings lead and then succumbed to a 36 ao, something which didn't happen again and has a very very slim chance of happening again - the very definition of a fluke.
They would have made a difference in the first test of that series. With Smith and Warner, Australia likely would have won the first two tests in 2018/9 and the series by 2-1, an improvement over 2014-5 for India but not good enough to win yet in Australia.

With the luck for tipping them for that earlier series victory, they had the confidence of winning in Australia in 2021 against a stronger side.

Last edited:

PaulLennon

U19 Debutant
shut it

Really the thing is IMO that recently all 3 teams have done very well (Aus touring Ind without top players get smashed wow so horrible must be a **** team)
1. Ind themselves don't have top players. Pant who averages something like 50-60 in India was missing. Bumrah was missing. Iyer with a 50-60 average missed the first test. Aus missed Hazlewood and Starc (only one of whom would play) and Green, none of whom have particularly good records in India.

2. Why is this "missing players" argument not extended to India? India missed Rohit/Rahul in the 2022 Eng one-off test, missed Rohit/Jadeja in SA 2022.

subshakerz

International Coach
Fans of other teams will understand this when subz starts to criticise their team the way he criticises India or Kallis.
Except for maybe one other posters, most others are on the level. But hey, at least our exchanges give this forum some entertainment.

subshakerz

International Coach
just to clarify.. a section of Indian fans believing that their side is currently the best in 2023 based on recent series results between the competitors and other points isn’t nationalism or hypernationalism or whatever fancy term can be newly invented. especially when another section of same fanbase thinks it isn’t either
It's the hyperventilating response to me suggesting Stokes team is better. Nuance goes out the window.

PaulLennon

U19 Debutant
They would have made a difference in the first test of that series.
Warner wouldn't have made any runs. He has only scored runs against Ind in 2011 and 2014 against really weak attacks. Has failed every time in India and failed in 2020-21 as well (And he was not out of form then, just didn't have the popgun Pakistani attack to make a 300 against).

Smith would have but again that was very high level bowling so hardly would have been a crazy averaging series.

The Adelaide 36 ao was the fluke, not India winning. India have been consistently making runs against the frontline Australian bowling attack in Australia.

PaulLennon

U19 Debutant
It's the hyperventilating response to me suggesting Stokes team is better. Nuance goes out the window.
Naah, it is the insistent denial of the truth which suggest India is better.

Paksitanis have a "jilted ex" complex with regards to India.

Pakistanis have this complex with their country failing in all fronts (economy, sports etc) and India rising and becoming richer, excelling in more sports, having tech companies, transport infrastructure etc. If India is so strong and powerful and mighty, then Pakistan would look very tiny in comparison (Admitted by Pakistanis themselves).

And cricket, the one sport in which they could compete with India till recently being dominated by India both on and off the field. That hurts Pakistanis deep down.

So all this convoluted logic to obtain peace of mind.

subshakerz

International Coach
Naah, it is the insistent denial of the truth which suggest India is better.

Paksitanis have a "jilted ex" complex with regards to India.

Pakistanis have this complex with their country failing in all fronts (economy, sports etc) and India rising and becoming richer, excelling in more sports, having tech companies, transport infrastructure etc. If India is so strong and powerful and mighty, then Pakistan would look very tiny in comparison (Admitted by Pakistanis themselves).

And cricket, the one sport in which they could compete with India till recently being dominated by India both on and off the field. That hurts Pakistanis deep down.

So all this convoluted logic to obtain peace of mind.
Haha you are taking this 'anti-India bias' meme to extreme shameful lengths. Here are my opinions I have posted on the Indian team in this forum:

- Current Indian team is the greatest ever home side in cricket history
- Tendulkar is the best since Bradman
- Kohli's team is better than Imran's team
- Dravid is better than Miandad
- Dhoni is the greatest LOI captain of all time
- Laxman is better than Yousuf
- Kohli retiring with below 50 average would be a cricket tragedy

And so on. You just want complete blind obedience to your talking points and can't stand strong dissent.

_00_deathscar

International Regular
Haha you are taking this 'anti-India bias' meme to extreme shameful lengths. Here are my opinions I have posted on the Indian team in this forum:

- Current Indian team is the greatest ever home side in cricket history
- Tendulkar is the best since Bradman
- Kohli's team is better than Imran's team
- Dravid is better than Miandad
- Dhoni is the greatest LOI captain of all time
- Laxman is better than Yousuf
- Kohli retiring with below 50 average would be a cricket tragedy

And so on. You just want complete blind obedience to your talking points and can't stand strong dissent.
Yea yea none of that matters - what do you think of The Answer?