• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which team is currently the best, in 2023?

Test format ofc: top team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

subshakerz

International Coach
except for all the parts where Subs is clearly using previous history to diss on India’s hypothetical chances while saying that it doesn’t matter for other competitors. wonder why his own logic is so inconsistent when it comes to India alone:ph34r:
Using history to justify how they would hypothetically do now, the point.

Xix2565

International Regular
Even in hypotheticals one surely has to make guesses about player performances based on a larger sample of games? Like am I not allowed to think that if Indian bowlers were fit and picked they'd clear England?

subshakerz

International Coach
Anyway I thought this might be an interesting thread on what people think might be the best out of the three teams at this very instant (ignoring short-term injuries), because all three teams are very close in quality IMO. But it has devolved into a CWian festival of horrors: the worst permutation of an anal-ysis by checklist combined with nationalistic ****fighting (tbf only from Indian posters). So haha bye bye i guess

(re PEWS: I'm of the opinion that that was a fluke – a very enjoyable one though unlike ebaGOAT's. But I do think I was too overly swayed by Aus' amazeballs home summer just gone.)
It was a good idea and well timed. Sorry it became a mess.

subshakerz

International Coach
Even in hypotheticals one surely has to make guesses about player performances based on a larger sample of games? Like am I not allowed to think that if Indian bowlers were fit and picked they'd clear England?
Nobody is stopping you from doing that and if your side had taken that approach from the beginning it would have been a more interesting thread.

subshakerz

International Coach
It is you who should be apologizing for wasting everyone's time on your hypothesis. Read the thread title again.
No, this thread has exposed your side of lacking the maturity to discuss these matters without having your judgment warped the moment someone questions India's hallowed standing.

Socerer 01

International Captain
Using history to justify how they would hypothetically do now, the point.
by your own logic this Indian side has regressed and yet you ignore that NZ side has also severely regressed. the side that beat India has lost 4 players that started to retirement - Taylor, Colin, Watling, Boult, 2 have declined badly - Nicholls, Wagner and 1 is also in slow decline - Kane. but despite that you believe India will struggle to even draw there and use that series as proof. if Stokes’ England can win in WI because they are a different side then why won’t India in NZ in your fantasy when they are also a different side - different and better openers, no Rahane, no Umesh, much improved Pant and Jadeja with only drawback being bad Kohli

subshakerz

International Coach
by your own logic this Indian side has regressed and yet you ignore that NZ side has also severely regressed. the side that beat India has lost 4 players that started to retirement - Taylor, Colin, Watling, Boult, 2 have declined badly - Nicholls, Wagner and 1 is also in slow decline - Kane. but despite that you believe India will struggle to even draw there and use that series as proof. if Stokes’ England can win in WI because they are a different side then why won’t India in NZ in your fantasy when they are also a different side - different and better openers, no Rahane, no Umesh, much improved Pant and Jadeja with only drawback being bad Kohli
Its a fair point we could have debated on the hypotheticals if you all had been open to discussing the topic of the thread from the beginning. But instead you all became hyperdefensive pro-India bots. This thread has run its course.

Socerer 01

International Captain
Its a fair point we could have debated on the hypotheticals if you all had been open to discussing the topic of the thread from the beginning. But instead you all became hyperdefensive pro-India bots. This thread has run its course.
you barge in here with rigid takes that you refuse to change and also refuse to acknowledge others who show the flaws in it. then when they point out how you’re being biased because you’re not following your own logical framework you accuse them of nationalism and doubling down when you’re doing the same right from the start. and then in the end you claim that you’ve always been open to discussions and it’s the fault of the people who’ve pointed out the flaws in your argument for being closeted

yeah i tip my hat off to you sir

subshakerz

International Coach
you barge in here with rigid takes that you refuse to change and also refuse to acknowledge others who show the flaws in it. then when they point out how you’re being biased because you’re not following your own logical framework you accuse them of nationalism and doubling down when you’re doing the same right from the start. and then in the end you claim that you’ve always been open to discussions and it’s the fault of the people who’ve pointed out the flaws in your argument for being closeted

yeah i tip my hat off to you sir
Actually I only accused you all of nationalism once others had pointed out your collective bias first. It's clear to most posters.

Socerer 01

International Captain
just to clarify.. a section of Indian fans believing that their side is currently the best in 2023 based on recent series results between the competitors and other points isn’t nationalism or hypernationalism or whatever fancy term can be newly invented. especially when another section of same fanbase thinks it isn’t either

Socerer 01

International Captain
none have posted anything like ‘this is the greatest test side in history’ or ‘this side will whitewash every side in all conditions’. everyone voting for India acknowledges their deficiency in the top to middle order and has merely said that they’d be competitive with a close series in England going either way and would start as favourites in Australia which aren’t outlandish claims at all with how things have happened in the recent past

what hint of nationalism and bias is even there in any of this?