• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The ATG Teams General arguing/discussing thread

CricketFan90s

State Vice-Captain
Australia ?? XI : 1) Langer 2) Hayden 3) Bradman 4) Smith 5) Waugh* 6) Miller 7) Gilchrist+ 8) Davidson 9) Warne 10) Lillee 11) McGrath vs England ??????? XI : 1) Gooch* 2) Cook 3) Hammond 4) Pietersen 5) Root 6) Botham 7) Knott+ 8) Flintoff 9) Underwood 10) Trueman 11) Anderson. Who will win the Ashes ?

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
Stokes bowled only 13.34 Overs per innings and on the other hand Flintoff bowled 18.20 Overs per innings so i went for Flintoff.
Having Willis, Statham, Laker and Stokes to beat All Time XI Teams is not sufficient in a Test Match.
That's a 2ndXI after your 1st EngXI. Let's see your Pak2ndXI.

srbhkshk

International Captain
I actually am slightly of the opinion that Pakistan's ATG side is gonna be less than the sum of their parts - their key ATG batsman aren't actually that good against quality pace bowling so they can't properly take advantage of pace friendly conditions even after having a very strong pace attack. It's still a decent side but I'd bet it wins fewer games than one would expect it to on paper.

Sunil1z

International Regular
I actually am slightly of the opinion that Pakistan's ATG side is gonna be less than the sum of their parts - their key ATG batsman aren't actually that good against quality pace bowling so they can't properly take advantage of pace friendly conditions even after having a very strong pace attack. It's still a decent side but I'd bet it wins fewer games than one would expect it to on paper.
Didn’t you make your rating system? Post it here .

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah but that pace attack doesn't actually need traditionally pace friendly conditions. They blow everyone out of the water in conditions the batsmen will do best.

Sunil1z

International Regular
Yeah but that pace attack doesn't actually need traditionally pace friendly conditions. They blow everyone out of the water in conditions the batsmen will do best.
Really ?
What is the record of Pak team against AUS/ SA/ WI from 90 to 2002 ( 2 Ws retirement) ?

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Any bowling attack with Wasim, Waqar, Imran and Qadir is gonna do well, but it’s certainly not a better attack than Aus or the WIs or SA.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Really ?
What is the record of Pak team against AUS/ SA/ WI from 90 to 2002 ( 2 Ws retirement) ?
They mostly did badly except the 2001 WI series as you know. But that side was let down by batting and bad leadership more than anything else. Waqar wasn't that great away after his peak either but I did say 'conditions where the batsmen will do well'. On most Asian pitches YK/Miandad/Inzi is as good as any batting lineup and if you combine that with 2 Ws + 80s Imran that's as good as it can get. The bowlers are uniquely skilled at getting something out of nothing pitches. If they prepare pitches for the batsmen, the bowlers can still run through sides. The fielding is still a big problem though.

Socerer 01

International Captain
Australia ?? XI : 1) Langer 2) Hayden 3) Bradman 4) Smith 5) Waugh* 6) Miller 7) Gilchrist+ 8) Davidson 9) Warne 10) Lillee 11) McGrath vs England ??????? XI : 1) Gooch* 2) Cook 3) Hammond 4) Pietersen 5) Root 6) Botham 7) Knott+ 8) Flintoff 9) Underwood 10) Trueman 11) Anderson. Who will win the Ashes ?
must be smoking the finest weed in all of Asia to come up with not 1 but 2 silly ATG XIs like this

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Trumper
Simpson
Bradman
G.Chappell
Smith
Miller/Border/Harvey
Gilchrist
Warne
Lindwall/OReilly/Davidson
Lillee
McGrath

let’s be honest, no one is beating this combo
India at home might give them a game.

West Indies would definitely win some of the time as well.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Future ATGs XI (currently not atg yet but will be when they retire)

Conway
Nissanka/Tagenarine
Babar Azam
Labuschagne
Brook
Pant
Green
Jamieson
Axar Patel
Rabada
Shaheen Afridi

CricketFan90s

State Vice-Captain
They mostly did badly except the 2001 WI series as you know. But that side was let down by batting and bad leadership more than anything else. Waqar wasn't that great away after his peak either but I did say 'conditions where the batsmen will do well'. On most Asian pitches YK/Miandad/Inzi is as good as any batting lineup and if you combine that with 2 Ws + 80s Imran that's as good as it can get. The bowlers are uniquely skilled at getting something out of nothing pitches. If they prepare pitches for the batsmen, the bowlers can still run through sides. The fielding is still a big problem though.
Except Younis Khan all other Batsmen Miandad, Abbas, Inzi, Yousuf all had a poor record against good pace attacks. Miandad struggled against Aus and WI, Abbas had a poor record against WI and NZ, Inzi and Yousuf struggled against Aus, SA. Yousuf also had poor record in India and Srilanka.