• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in NZ 2023

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
We're going to win in a canter and demolish England in the second test. England will be left grovelling and Baz and stokes will be licking our boots and hailing S6uthee ball. It isn't quite Bazball, and you don't get completely what you would in a traditional test
778841.jpg

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Really need someone to bowl tightly ala CDG today (go at under 3s). I hope there is a decent spell from Mitchell. Play on their ego as they'll refuse to milk singles and will try to smash everything. Frustrate them.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
The biggest difference in this test is that England selected 10 test class players (all except Crawley), while we only selected 6 (those not called Bracewell, Kugglelijn, Tickner and the 2023 versions of Wagner and Nicholls). That is absolutely dire.

Last edited:

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Really need someone to bowl tightly ala CDG today (go at under 3s). I hope there is a decent spell from Mitchell. Play on their ego as they'll refuse to milk singles and will try to smash everything. Frustrate them.
Darryl Mitchell got to be bowling lots more. He's very under used.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
No such thing as bad luck, they were undone by world class bowlers
Every hit more than few balls always involves plenty of luck. Point in case the dropped catch of Conway when he was on 3 or something. He went on to score 70 odd but was out timidly to not so good ball. In fact a thrilling 100 from Conway in India recently was brought about when he was given a life on 50. There's always luck involved whether we want to believe it or not. Cricket is a sport of highest punt. **** balls gets you wickets and the best balls don't often. A cracking shot from the middle of the bat can get you out but an inside edge can get you a four. For a big knock or a haul of wickets you'll always need luck to go your way. Call it luck or good fortune or opponent's lack of concentration, it's in play all the time.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Every hit more than few balls always involves plenty of luck. Point in case the dropped catch of Conway when he was on 3 or something. He went on to score 70 odd but was out timidly to not so good ball. In fact a thrilling 100 from Conway in India recently was brought about when he was given a life on 50. There's always luck involved whether we want to believe it or not. Cricket is a sport of highest punt. **** balls gets you wickets and the best balls don't often. A cracking shot from the middle of the bat can get you out but an inside edge can get you a four. For a big knock or a haul of wickets you'll always need luck to go your way. Call it luck or good fortune or opponent's lack of concentration, it's in play all the time.
no sorry it doesn’t exist

greg

International Debutant
Stokes will declare ridiculously early and unjustiably to exploit the lights. New Zealand will prove that decision utterly ludicrous…. And will lose by 30 runs after a late collapse.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
How poor & unfunctional is Spark sports live playback btw. Last couple of days I've come home late when the 3rd session is live hoping to start the playback from the beginning of the day and it only gives you the 'watch live' or 'watch from start of session' which only allows me to start from the 3rd session rather than start of the day. Pleased to know this junk is on the way out, no such problems with the live playback on Sky.
You can watch the first session from a separate link. They’re usually uploaded pretty quickly after a session ends.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
Whilst we are in a good enough position, NZ aren't out of this.

I hope we're a bit more circumspect this time around but I doubt we will be.

Some of the dismissals in the 1st innings - Root and Stokes in particular were really poor. Its a thin line between attacking play and being wreckless.

Much will depend on how the pitch plays but anything around 300 will be tough to chase down.

I think England will win, but Root and Stokes in particular need to play with more common sense than they've shown of late.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
What would be enough runs for Stokes? His plan will be fairly predictable: get a lead of 300 before having a go at NZs top order tonight. NZs best counter is to bundle them out cheaply before it gets dark and blunt the new ball before it gets hoopy under lights (unlikely) or blunt the batting attack so they're not ready for a declaration for the evening session (also unlikely).

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Just do some cloud seeding directly over the Mount tonight (needs to be careful and surgical as any extra flooding would be a disaster). Stokes declares at night, hey presto it rains. See you on day 4 suckers.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Second wicket fell this morning just as I was about to leave to take the kids to school. Literally one of them, as you’re getting up from the chair and he’s gone wickets.

So I knew Pope was gone. Checked when we got to school and we were 79/2 at stumps. Happy days.

Later I check my phone and one of the notifications is sky sports saying England lose both openers and I’m like ‘****ing amateurs, Pope isn’t even an opener.’

Looked at a scorecard about 5pm and saw nothing amiss

Just watched a video now of Nighthawk Broad and there’s Pope with him and I’m like WTF

So for all in doubt, Pope has not been dismissed. I repeat, Pope has not been dismissed

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
It'll be entertainment whatever the outcome. An old fashioned Broad troll 50 would set this day up perfectly. Not sure he still has it in him but I live in hope.