• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in NZ 2023

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
That drop was a shocker but thankfully it was Stuart broad. He'll be gone very soon I reckon so no worries.

Although most are thinking England are ahead I don't think so. Somehow we'll take few poles in the morning session or they'll throw away wickets. We'll likely have to chase no more than 250 or 275. It ain't be an easy chase but few of our top order missed out on the first inning, they won't in the second. I think we can comfortably chase 300 on this deck
Apart from Nicholls it is a quality top 6 and the no rounders at 7/8 might even contribute. NZ favs here with a B team.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
@nzfan you need to go full Chris hinton with your future posts if NZ are to win this. The "slightly optimistic fan" routine will not work vs a man of Chris's shear passion and intensity.n

Molehill

International Captain
That drop was a shocker but thankfully it was Stuart broad. He'll be gone very soon I reckon so no worries.

Although most are thinking England are ahead I don't think so. Somehow we'll take few poles in the morning session or they'll throw away wickets. We'll likely have to chase no more than 250 or 275. It ain't be an easy chase but few of our top order missed out on the first inning, they won't in the second. I think we can comfortably chase 300 on this deck
I think much depends on when NZ have to start the chase. If England bat till after Tea (or whatever it's called in stupid Pink Ball Tests), they'll likely be 350 ahead and NZ will get the new ball under the lights. Hard not to see 3 falling again against what is frankly a better new ball attack than NZ's.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Lol these NZ commentators are so partisan
The joys of the BT sport app.

I've watched the first two days on my iPad as live after waking up in the morning. Skip 10 second button pressed a couple of times between deliveries so don't have to hear the commentators and see all the action.

Then when Gower came on watched more of the in-between to listen to his more interesting patter. His take on the nighthawk today was class listening.

Been able to watch both days play in half the time. A revelation to be honest.

I enjoyed the function during the Ashes too but as we were ****e didn't watch as much.

Sky lagging well behind not having this function for those that can't watch while at work in the summer. Highlights just aren't the same. I don't have a recordable box as use Sky app and BT sport app.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I think much depends on when NZ have to start the chase. If England bat till after Tea (or whatever it's called in stupid Pink Ball Tests), they'll likely be 350 ahead and NZ will get the new ball under the lights. Hard not to see 3 falling again against what is frankly a better new ball attack than NZ's.
The way they go about things nowadays, they are probably hoping to set 400 in time for an hour or so bowling under the lights.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
The joys of the BT sport app.

I've watched the first two days on my iPad as live after waking up in the morning. Skip 10 second button pressed a couple of times between deliveries so don't have to hear the commentators and see all the action.

Then when Gower came on watched more of the in-between to listen to his more interesting patter. His take on the nighthawk today was class listening.

Been able to watch both days play in half the time. A revelation to be honest.

I enjoyed the function during the Ashes too but as we were ****e didn't watch as much.

Sky lagging well behind not having this function for those that can't watch while at work in the summer. Highlights just aren't the same. I don't have a recordable box as use Sky app and BT sport app.
This is basically how I watch all JAM white ball games now. Let the play get a couple hours ahead and then fast skip through it in half the time.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How poor & unfunctional is Spark sports live playback btw. Last couple of days I've come home late when the 3rd session is live hoping to start the playback from the beginning of the day and it only gives you the 'watch live' or 'watch from start of session' which only allows me to start from the 3rd session rather than start of the day. Pleased to know this junk is on the way out, no such problems with the live playback on Sky.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
@nzfan you need to go full Chris hinton with your future posts if NZ are to win this. The "slightly optimistic fan" routine will not work vs a man of Chris's shear passion and intensity.n
To be fair it's not blind optimism. The game is still wide open. I'm marveled at how England nonchalantly have gone on to put good runs on board consistently recently and they're bound to fail at some point in time. I'm guessing it's going to be this time. They're very capable of losing wickets in a heap. They looked like they were going to get 400+ quite comfortably first inning but then they only got par score. We were down looking down the barrel but stokes bowled junk and kept Leach and Root bowling long spells which let us get away. England did look out of sorts with the ball when we counter punched. There are high chances England can lose plot today?

Besides Kane will score this time around, he's in good touch. I can't see all of Kane, Latham and Darryl Mitchell getting out to single digits in the second inning.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
I can if we're batting in the last hour of the evening session again.
We'll be smarter this time around I reckon. You could put down to bad luck the way Latham got out in the first inning. Kane did look out of sorts but the great man will know how to handle it this time around.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
We'll be smarter this time around I reckon. You could put down to bad luck the way Latham got out in the first inning. Kane did look out of sorts but the great man will know how to handle it this time around.
No such thing as bad luck, they were undone by world class bowlers