• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

subshakerz

International Coach
You really think its 50/50 ? ?

I mean. If you win the toss and you get bowled out on day 1 , opposition still have all ten wickets in hand in reply , surely you would rather be India ..I'd say 65/35 India considering that Australia have yet to prove they can dismiss India for a low score .
Nah, as long as you have a par score then batting first in India is a big advantage.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah Kuhnemann genuinely doesn't chuck it. Looks like he has a hyper-extension so could probably impart more revs and 'action' on the ball due to that

slippy888

International Captain
Australia had to play to front line fast bowlers on this pitch, how can you expect Green to bowl 15 overs in a innings after injury come back.

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
Last over show that sign is not for team india .263 is very good score
Tomorrow morning we will be use heavy roller & ask our first 3 to scores runs at 4.25 run rate

But before lunch, track will be worst to bats vs Spinner.Special injection given to Iyer so he can makes run for us he is not 100% fit but we need him

Tata IPL 2023 (Men's) scheduled announced
1st match on March 31st

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
So after looking at it slowly over and over, there is definitely a jerking motion but there is also certainly significant hyperextension as well which I think makes the action look worse than it is.

9FA17CC7-E6BC-4ED8-AF6D-12784C189BA1.jpeg

FDA9141A-3C54-4B1F-88BF-519E64975C4B.jpeg
6B9EDF5B-C2CE-4F2A-B5A1-1A554BC1EE85.jpeg
These are the best stills I can get. I’ll make a slow-mo gif later.

I am not convinced he’s breaking any rules now though it looked bad as I was watching live.

Gob

International Coach
That's if the bowling attack can drive that advantage home
Joe Root and Micheal Clarke has taken hauls for **** all here in India. I'm not saying this pitch is/isn't that bad but seeing some grubbers in the last session gives me the impression that this be a close thing

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Good knocks from handscomb and uzzie, but seems like handscomb played... oddly with the tail. I didn't see how the pitch developed as time went on but I caught the whole first session and it was spitting then. Grip, turn and bounce. Pitch will be a nightmare to bat on last.

If we can keep India to 330 or less where a real chance. Bounce in the pitch is also a good sign for Lyon, he should be more effective than the 1st test.

Handscomb making runs complicates things a bit with regards to the lineup for the rest of the tour though. Don't think you can drop him for green after that 70* coming into the 3rd test but binning head after 1 test back in the team would also be a bit harsh.

Gob

International Coach
Good knocks from handscomb and uzzie, but seems like handscomb played... oddly with the tail. I didn't see how the pitch developed as time went on but I caught the whole first session and it was spitting then. Grip, turn and bounce. Pitch will be a nightmare to bat on last.

If we can keep India to 330 or less where a real chance. Bounce in the pitch is also a good sign for Lyon, he should be more effective than the 1st test.

Handscomb making runs complicates things a bit with regards to the lineup for the rest of the tour though. Don't think you can drop him for green after that 70* coming into the 3rd test but binning head after 1 test back in the team would also be a bit harsh.
Drop Warner and push Head to open