• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I will say that last Test, I picked Hindi commentary for the last day on ESPN+, and I will way it was very......interesting.

It's essentially the Hindi language newspapers on politics vs. English language newspapers on politics but translated to cricket.

Spark

Global Moderator
Sounds like Green and Head both return, Kuhnemann in for Boland (so three spinners, two quicks, and liquorice all sorts from Marnus and Head).

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
IMO this is a health hazard for the players (and obviously the city's residents). There should be some upper limit beyond which you shouldn't play cricket. Above 200, the recommendation is to avoid or reduce outdoor activities - I would not be shocked to see players needing oxygen or other treatments during this Test while in the dressing room. It is not healthy. India has a different AQI standard but it is still considered 'poor'.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
1676602928597.png

iT's ToUrInG. sToP wHiNiNg AnD eMbRaCe ThE dIvErSiTy Of ThE tOxIc AiR.
- Spongebob Shastri

RossTaylorsBox

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
IMO this is a health hazard for the players (and obviously the city's residents). There should be some upper limit beyond which you shouldn't play cricket. Above 200, the recommendation is to avoid or reduce outdoor activities - I would not be shocked to see players needing oxygen or other treatments during this Test while in the dressing room. It is not healthy. India has a different AQI standard but it is still considered 'poor'.
Actually this is home ground advantage, the same way cricket has been played for over 100 years.

R!TTER

State Regular
IMO this is a health hazard for the players (and obviously the city's residents). There should be some upper limit beyond which you shouldn't play cricket.
In which case do you wanna close down the billion dollar industry then? Because in the last few years I don't recall any major (IPL hosting) city being consistently under 200 AQI not to mention AQI can literally change inside a km or two within the same locality.

Spark

Global Moderator
Then who is?
I've no idea because that team balance makes very little sense to me if so. I'm an advocate for adapting to conditions but 3 spinners 1 quick, especially when two of those spinners have 1 Test under their collective belts, seems absurd to me

EDIT: Renshaw out apparently, which is hardly undeserved given the two gormless shots he played

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I've no idea because that team balance makes very little sense to me if so. I'm an advocate for adapting to conditions but 3 spinners 1 quick, especially when two of those spinners have 1 Test under their collective belts, seems absurd to me
If they were going to play three spinners and Green is out they really should play Agar at eight, much as I really don't expect either he or Kuhnemann to be that effective.

Spark

Global Moderator
I know I keep banging on about it but that really is an absolute nothing of a tail. Carey is good with the lower order but he needs something to work with.