• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
India is just reaping the efforts of 2016-2019 wherein a paradigm shift was done in the way cricket was managed and played. Once the effects run out, we'll again see being back to good old days.

Not a coincidence that most of that period UT was under administration of CoA, which resulted in Virat and Shastri having almost full control over how the team worked. And they showed.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
I hope Warner comes good, he's too good a player for the Aussies to leave out. He's also a fair dinkum sort of bloke from what I can make out.

I'm banking on him playing in the Ashes, so come on Davy boy, don't let me down ?

Sunil1z

International Regular
Commentary team in 1996 Delhi Test was so awesome. How did we end up with such ear - bleeding commentators?

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Warner situation is really conflicting. On one hand he's clearly not been the same test player in the past 2-3 years, even at home, and given that after the SA/WI home summer our next 10 tests looked like 4 vs Ind in Ind, 5 in ENG V ENG and WTC final in ENG, the management probably should have sat down with Warner and worked something out similar to what they did with head pre the india tour. Warner averages 26 in India, less than that vs Ashwin, home or away, and averaged 10 last time he played in ENG.

On the other hand, he's still got a test average of 45 and 7000+ runs opening the batting, very few players have done that, particularly given that a huge part of his career was in the pace playing pandemic. Aside from Pucovski there's no openers running around the domestic circuit who ide back to go out there and do much better than Warner in those conditions. The best options are guys who have been tried and failed at test level, or guys like Whiteman/Hunt/Street who are high 30's average domestic openers. That's decent but it doesn't scream "I'm going to perform in India/England away from home on debut." Plus if you drop one of the aforementioned guys in now rather than in a year's time you could easily butcher a promising career.

I've been calling for Warner to be dropped for a while, but maybe the best choice for all is to let him play on and reassess our opening options after the India/England tours.

slippy888

International Captain
Just bring in Mitchell Marsh back into team, he one of the hardest hitters of a cricket ball i have ever seen and will shiitte scare the bowlers.

slippy888

International Captain
Brothers Virat Kholi is a legend for me but his last 3 years stats in test cricket he averages around 30, if he continues in this average form how long can he continue to play test cricket considering he 34 now.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
If Travis Head plays (and I very much believe he should) it needs to be in the middle order

Don't think trying to meme him into an opener benifits Australia, but more importantly it really does not benefit Travis at all to be asked to perform a role that is so entirely different to what he has been doing in Test cricket, it just isn't a recipe for success in any sense

Idea is a complete non starter as far as I am concerned