• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Still its an indictment of the so called professionalism of the modern era.
There is no doubt that he has to work on his fitness if he has to last long in high pressure cricket. But whether that should stop him from playing for India at the moment? Probably not. Given he IS scoring big runs.
Bangladesh tour was the perfect occasion to initiate him to test cricket at least to check if he can adapt at this level.

_00_deathscar

International Regular
We’re missing the obvious one here - where the **** is Sundar Washington? Guy has shown he belong in test cricket, but Sky got a go ahead?

R!TTER

State Regular
There's a lot of politicking, regionalism, nepotism & what not in Indian cricket! Surya Kumar, while not a bad choice per se, seems like the flavor of the month to me. Seeing how Sundar played in the LO series just before the tests, unless he was unfit, he should've directly slotted in at 5 or 6 depending on where you wanted to bat Jadeja in there. Meanwhile Warner being carefully ******ed for Ashwin & Co ?
spacer.png

E s c o r t is in the naughty list, huh?

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I used to like Lyon you know

But he's going to be remembered as amateurish compared to Ashwin. Where Ashwin has changed and adapted over the years and kept a high standard for himself, Lyon has only changed and adapted to having a second family.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!

But he's going to be remembered as amateurish compared to Ashwin. Where Ashwin has changed and adapted over the years and kept a high standard for himself, Lyon has only changed and adapted to having a second family.
Maybe he's tired all the time.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah look that's a terribad side. TBF it says it's a predicted side, not necessarily what he'd pick. Would be terrible if the mail he's got is accurate.

Victor Ian

International Coach
I'm liking the idea of Labu to 5. Australia needs someone to be Border or Waugh in the middle of the list to stop the rot if it happens. The way it is now, if Smith and Labu are out, the pressure on the remaining ****s is too much. Imagine the freedom of the upper order to play knowing there is someone who can stop the rot lower down. I just think it's not crazy nd probably great for Head.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member

I genuinely thought his career was basically over last summer. Was just so bad

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I'm liking the idea of Labu to 5. Australia needs someone to be Border or Waugh in the middle of the list to stop the rot if it happens. The way it is now, if Smith and Labu are out, the pressure on the remaining ****s is too much. Imagine the freedom of the upper order to play knowing there is someone who can stop the rot lower down. I just think it's not crazy nd probably great for Head.
Head needs to open if he plays IMO. time to make the call on Warner

Shri

Mr. Glass
they will be fine if they are not looking at a 200 run lead in the 3rd innings when coming back in to bat

need bowlers to eliminate that issue. bowlers taking wickets i mean.