• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
I agree with that, but isn't he still not fit? Iyer is a better pick without a doubt.

If we are looking at long term, I am not too sure about Iyer either. He is not able to deal with raw pace even on slower wickets, not sure how he'll bat in SENA conditions. Vihari seems like better bet to me.
Iyer has been declared fit for Delhi test.
I'd say iyer has the best long term outlook. He is very young. He has not kept a wrong feet forward till now, albeit most of them at home. Will need to see how he goes overseas.

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
Iyer has been declared fit for Delhi test.
I'd say iyer has the best long term outlook. He is very young. He has not kept a wrong feet forward till now, albeit most of them at home. Will need to see how he goes overseas.
We send Mohinder Amernath in aus school
He learned the trick or two than he smashed 100/90 in Perth test batted beautifully against Short pitch bowling.( Iyer need to learn)

G. S. Kohli

Delhi test coming up

India last beaten some 36 years ago
Sachin not debut in test than
Virat was not born
Rohit was 7 mos old

Both Jadoo & Ashwin sends 71 maiden overs at Delhi in test

slippy888

International Captain
What is the fascination in picking KL Rahul in test matches considering he got batting average of 34 after 45 test matches, and why make him vice captain when you have the likes of Jadeja and Ashwin in the team.

G. S. Kohli

What is the fascination in picking KL Rahul in test matches considering he got batting average of 34 after 45 test matches, and why make him vice captain when you have the likes of Jadeja and Ashwin in the team.
BCCI not wants Ashwin or Jadeja as vice captain or captain.Only reason he is vice captain so you can not drops him, he can keep the wicket plus his ability to lead the team

You know Dhawan was failure for many matches but they keep him "BCCI wants to walked on footstep of MSD" Their mantra>> to keep failure players match after match.

You will see when Rohit retires Rahul will be first choice as captain than Pant.

R!TTER

State Regular
Looks pretty flat to me, but if the Aussies are concerned about BCCI doing everything to sabotage their preparations they will probably find demons in it. Traditionally Kotla is one of the flattest surfaces in India, but typically slow - that is why it's hard to beat us here. Like I said somewhere else, the key for us not losing as many tests at home is the pace off the pitch & most games we've lost in the last 2-3 decades have been where pacers have done the bulk of the job. Like 2000 SA/2004 Oz/2012 Eng series losses, or the pitch has had exaggerated turn & bounce!

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
Any thought to leaving out Lyon? The slower the pitch the less threatening his stock bowling is. Agar also provides much needed batting.