• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Ha ha. Ashwin is not in ODI and T20 squads too now. Not a chance he will agree to be rested in this series. But yes, Kuldeep can actually instead of Rahul and bat at 9. He can get some troll runs too there like Shami and I bet he will get more than what Rahul will get.
Kuldeep is not a happy go lucky slogger like Shami. He showed very good batsmanship skills in Bangladesh when India were in some pickle and made a stubborn 40 odd. His defense was up there with top order batsmen to spin especially.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Last time Aus played at Delhi , Peter Siddle top scored in both innings ?
Someone used to have this one in their sig:
Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
The one positive out of that series was that Pattinson remained fit for the entirety. But I think this one could be just as big a shemozzle with as few positives to take away.

Spark

Global Moderator
Someone used to have this one in their sig:

The one positive out of that series was that Pattinson remained fit for the entirety. But I think this one could be just as big a shemozzle with as few positives to take away.
Surely the one actual positive from that series was that Steve Smith turned out to be actually quite good at batting

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Cowan was probably the cricketer that fitted in most to the Arthur era. No surprise he was dropped after one Test under Lehmann's reign.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
IIRC Cowan was the one who convinced Arthur to take an uncompromising stand on it when asked
iirc Cowan defended the decision on the basis of it wasn't a hard request from the coach but as the Langer stuff was reaching a head last year Brettig revealed that Gavin Dovey was a driving force

Once there, he has done a mountain of logistical work but also been a central figure in the homework-gate scandal of 2013, when Shane Watson, Usman Khawaja, Mitchell Johnson and James Pattinson were suspended for a Test match on seemingly minor grounds. The former coach Mickey Arthur has described how Dovey pushed hard for the bans: “That morning Gav came to my room and I sat there saying, ‘This is going to be massive. You’ve got to understand this; guys will lose their jobs around this,’ and I remember Gav saying ‘it’s the right thing to do. It’s what this team needs right now’.”

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
Iyer is ruled out so passenger SKY will play another Test :( along with the other passengers already there! So disappointing once again. I think India will make no changes! They are waiting to lose a Test before they realise they need to pull their heads out.. Pathetic!

another 60/1 to 150/5 coming up.
I get why SKY is picked. If we have proper rank turners, someone like SKY who can score a quick fire 50-60 might make a huge difference. He plays a very similar role for Mumbai. SKY is not the issue(it's the others like KeLa Rahul), we should definitely be able to accommodate him in the playing XI to see what he has to offer.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
I get why SKY is picked. If we have proper rank turners, someone like SKY who can score a quick fire 50-60 might make a huge difference. He plays a very similar role for Mumbai. SKY is not the issue(it's the others like KeLa Rahul), we should definitely be able to accommodate him in the playing XI to see what he has to offer.
With Iyer back, it is tough to accomodate SKY. Surely he will be the one to drop out.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Iyer can easily play that role as plus and much more.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
With Iyer back, it is tough to accomodate SKY. Surely he will be the one to drop out.
Iyer can easily play that role as plus and much more.
I agree with that, but isn't he still not fit? Iyer is a better pick without a doubt.

If we are looking at long term, I am not too sure about Iyer either. He is not able to deal with raw pace even on slower wickets, not sure how he'll bat in SENA conditions. Vihari seems like better bet to me.