• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I really don't think this idea of Starc creating rough for right arm fingerspin is much of a thing really. It's still just one guy running in compared to 2-3 right arm fast bowlers doing the same for left arm fingerspin.
I've just seen secret photos of the pitch, and the curators have replaced the grass on the popping crease and follow through at both ends on the left-arm over side of the wicket with astroturf. We should pick 5 quicks.

R!TTER

State Regular
Pretty sure the ground staff have been asked to curate a grassy knoll on the right side of the pitch, both ends, just around the popping crease so that Starc slips while bowling from that end & both Murphy/Lyon are negated as a result :cool:

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Boland was pretty tidy but I’m definitely picking Starc if he’s available. bowling great before his injury and his batting could be really handy

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Broke my finger in a semi final one year and opened the batting in the final six days later*. Just get out there and have a go ffs.

*made a painstaking duck, but still.
You’re not wrong but you know - Modern doctors these days

speaking of which, thoughts on the real ABs comment?

Spark

Global Moderator
Boland was pretty tidy but I’m definitely picking Starc if he’s available. bowling great before his injury and his batting could be really handy
Even the batting alone is enough to pick him IMO. We're basically fielding a 6-out-all-out team as it stands.

The_CricketUmpire

U19 Captain
Even the batting alone is enough to pick him IMO. We're basically fielding a 6-out-all-out team as it stands.
Whilst Starc's batting is handy at best, he hasn't scored a Test half-century since 2019 and he hasn't reached the 30 mark or better since January 2022. His lower order batting has probably gone into a slight downhill pattern in my opinion. He is in the side for his bowling though as we know.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You’re not wrong but you know - Modern doctors these days

speaking of which, thoughts on the real ABs comment?
He was right. Curb your urge to give a thumbs up to a bloke ffs. Was also right about Carey and obsessively sweeping. No problem playing it but you have to have more than that to succeed at test level.

Sunil1z

International Regular
If India wins this Test , IND-AUS WTC final is guaranteed unless India are slow on over rate in any of the Test matches .

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Where are people getting this "green isn't fit" thing from? Nothing on Cricket.com.au or Cricinfo saying he's been ruled out and a recent article said he was batting in the nets and bowling near full tilt.

Spark

Global Moderator
Where are people getting this "green isn't fit" thing from? Nothing on Cricket.com.au or Cricinfo saying he's been ruled out and a recent article said he was batting in the nets and bowling near full tilt.
He's batting but not batting against pace or doing full fielding drills yet. They're clearly still trying to protect the finger.

cnerd123

likes this
He's batting but not batting against pace or doing full fielding drills yet. They're clearly still trying to protect the finger.
I can understand bringing him along almost fit and sitting him out of the first game, but if he doesn't play the 2nd it feels like a bit of a waste of space in the squad.

Perhaps they feel having him with the group will help him acclimatise for the last 2 tests, or the team physios are best placed to speed up his recovery vs staying back in Aus.