• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

Shri

Mr. Glass
we should just plan with siraj, shami and umesh. ishan porel, saini and prasidh krishna as backup.

give kuldeep, bishnoi spots in the squad too in case ashwin gets injured.

should not count on bumrah being fit because he needs six months off before ipl starts every year

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Only 2 Tests? Lame af
I expect a result in both tests, so would have to win 2-0 to win the series

Can't simply win 1 test and secure the series. It will end up 1-1.

So winning this 2 match series (2-0) is going to be harder than winning a 3 match series -where you can simply win 2 out of 3 tests (eg 2-1). This time there is no margin for error.

Last edited:

Socerer 01

International Captain
Yeah but stadiums are largely responsibility of the state associations. BCCi does hand out fat payouts to each association but then most of them are corrupt and controlled politically. Take for example Hyderabad cricket association. Since Mohammed Azharuddin (yeah the one and only) took charge the game has gone to the dogs there. Spectators were complaining about poor roofing and terrible washrooms (clogged and unkempt), not to mention overpriced food. No wonder, Hyderabad team finished last among the whole 26 teams that played the Elite League. Basically you can purchase spots in the state team without an iota of talent.

There are a few well managed ones. Like Gujarat, Suarashtra, MP etc which actually takes their cricket seriously and invests in them.
Azharuddin has ruined Hyderabadi cricket completely. clown of the highest order

Senile Sentry

International Debutant

Yes old man Border is yelling at clouds although it does reduce the edge to see bowlers laughing at an Aussie batsman than being intimidated (when Hayden and Symonds used to play).

If anything I think it's Carey who needs to be given an earful. His batting was the equivalent of hail Marty with blind sweeps and reverse sweeps at anything that was bowled at him. It's like a tail ender's playbook of "move outside leg, close your eyes and swing hard" approach to pacers. Felt like Carey had resigned to his inability to read anything out of the hand or the pitch. Didn't make for good viewing at all.

cnerd123

likes this
I don't get why Green was taking on tour with a broken finger. Do they really think he'll be match fit by the 3rd and 4th Tests?

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Starc will create the rough for Lyon and Murphy to exploit outside the right handers off stump. So the 4 man attack above is almost certain.

I doubt they will drop Warner this quickly and given Renshaw had a knee issue and struggled with bat, he is likely to make way for Head.

Australia have emphasised they won't be making many changes so I can only see Head and Starc coming back for Renshaw and Boland.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't get why Green was taking on tour with a broken finger. Do they really think he'll be match fit by the 3rd and 4th Tests?
Yeah he is not fit. He hasn't batted against fast bowlers or fielded with the normal ball yet. His finger is clearly still healing.

3rd Test is 2 weeks away so he might become available by then.

Xix2565

International Regular
I really don't think this idea of Starc creating rough for right arm fingerspin is much of a thing really. It's still just one guy running in compared to 2-3 right arm fast bowlers doing the same for left arm fingerspin.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
I really don't think this idea of Starc creating rough for right arm fingerspin is much of a thing really. It's still just one guy running in compared to 2-3 right arm fast bowlers doing the same for left arm fingerspin.
Without Starc, there's little rough created against right handers.

With Starc, at least there is some rough created for the off spinners to work with.

Plus, Starc can bat a bit too and he adds variety to the bowling attack being fast and left arm. His pace can be useful against the tail too. So he is almost certain to replace Boland unless he is deemed to be not 100%.

Gob

International Coach
Without Starc, there's little rough created against right handers.

With Starc, at least there is some rough created for the off spinners to work with.

Plus, Starc can bat a bit too and he adds variety to the bowling attack. Starc is almost certain to replace Boland unless Starc is deemed to be not 100%
I honestly don't think his batting would add anything. Really think they need a left arm spinner (Kuhnemann) there but without Green, the only option is to drop Lyon