• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It’s bemusing there’s so much angst because of what tabloid media prints or what (understandably) biased ex players have to say.

Who gives a ****? Unless you’ve got a direct quote from someone inside either side, why would you take any notice of it?

Fmd if Bhogle, Shastri or Gavaskar spew their usual drivel, the recommended approach for Australian supporters is to give it the old

1676324892827.gif

and move on. India fans should do the same with tabloid reports and confected bull**** from over here. Ian Healy would have as many insights into the current Aus set up as you or I. **** all.

Burgey

Honestly his best commentary moment.

he’s the wicket keeping Warne. He did a masterclass on an Ashes tour in an indoor net with Ponting batting to Warne and talked about keeping - how he set up, what he looked for, how he read the batsman. And honestly, it was about as informative and insightful as any piece of cricket analysis I’ve ever seen in my life. Utterly brilliant.

It was ****ing incredible, and I sat there thinking “where the **** is this level of insight when he’s commentating?”

he did a similar thing out here during one series as well in the middle of the ground. Sensational. Then went upstairs to the commentary box and regressed to his mean.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever

he’s the wicket keeping Warne. He did a masterclass on an Ashes tour in an indoor net with Ponting batting to Warne and talked about keeping - how he set up, what he looked for, how he read the batsman. And honestly, it was about as informative and insightful as any piece of cricket analysis I’ve ever seen in my life. Utterly brilliant.

It was ****ing incredible, and I sat there thinking “where the **** is this level of insight when he’s commentating?”

he did a similar thing out here during one series as well in the middle of the ground. Sensational. Then went upstairs to the commentary box and regressed to his mean.
IMO there are a bunch of guys going around who shouldn't commentate at all. Ideally, you'd pay them to sit around and once an hour or so, ask them a direct technical question about a specific part of the game, and they get to talk about that for five minutes - and that's it.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

If management told him to use his vast experience and actually call the cricket he'd be great. Somewhere along the line he thought being a parochial cheerleader would get him over with the audience.

I'd rather listen to Cullinan and Sanju Manju, which is rather telling...

Gob

International Coach
Hayden has that unique and remarkable ability to say about thirty words and convey no actual meaning.
Clarke was apparently in this as a commo for a ridiculous amount of money but his penis got in the way

Not that he is any good. I actually think Mark Nicholas would have been a good addition for these sort of serieses

Senile Sentry

International Debutant

He was top of the class in his specialty in the country for a while. Would expect that bare minimum competency in his ttade.

Equating him with Warne is not being kind on the latter. Warne definitely had his foot in mouth moments, but he was an excellent observer of the game, identified talent upfront (Jadeja eg) and had a master cricketing brain.

Burgey

**** I hope the deck is that green.

Pretty pleasant playing conditions you'd reckon. Does it usually swing much at that venue?