• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Again you are massively under- rating him . He is a very good bowler whose figures aren’t that good because he plays for Aus . If he was Asian bowler , he would be averaging 27-28 .
Playing for Asian teams would require him to be the lead bowler- and play attacking as well as defensive roles and sometimes doing it solo none of which he has shown throughout his career (exceptions may be there vs lesser teams). Not his fault, he is a perfect bowler for Aus team especially in their home conditions.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Sorry was a bit all over the place there

I still am definitely backing Lyon though. Needs to do better than he did in Nagpur, but the idea of dropping him (for Ashton bloody Agar of all people especially) is utterly insane. India have mostly had his measure the last few times but to talk about him being finished completely is somewhere between hyperbole and lunacy

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah Lyon isn't getting dropped for anyone in this series. If he keeps getting outbowled by Murphy then it'll be interesting to see what happens in a few months, though.

the big bambino

International Captain
With Australia struggling to score 200 even once in the first 2 Tests and India getting bowled out for 36 in the 1st Test, it made sense to flatten the pitches, especially after India's win in the 2nd Test.

If Australia could rack up big scores like they normally do, India could fall under pressure and against a quality pace attack. It almost worked in the 3rd Test.
Sorry Sunil1z.

Well the first test was D/N at Adelaide which you'd gamble to return low scores. Given the injuries India had it would've made sense for us to deliver bouncy pitches.

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
3rd Dharamshala test likely to shift to

Vishakhapatnum
Or
Pune
Or
Indore
or
Rajkot****

BCCI likely to inspects before final dicision will be taken.Renovation not yet done completely

Shady Slim

International Coach
Sorry was a bit all over the place there

I still am definitely backing Lyon though. Needs to do better than he did in Nagpur, but the idea of dropping him (for Ashton bloody Agar of all people especially) is utterly insane. India have mostly had his measure the last few times but to talk about him being finished completely is somewhere between hyperbole and lunacy
yeah this is the correct take

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah Lyon isn't getting dropped for anyone in this series. If he keeps getting outbowled by Murphy then it'll be interesting to see what happens in a few months, though.
Wouldn't even remotely consider a change for the Ashes, not in the slightest. No worse place to rely on someone so inexperienced than England without a doubt

But if Murphy continues his upward trajectory, Lyon could be in danger came the next home summer. Only time will tell, my natrual inclination is to back experience over youth, but if Murphy keeps on developing that will make it more and more of a valid question

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
News of Bumrah not playing Gabba Test came on 12th Jan

Gabba Test started on 15 th Jan .
I doubt you can change the nature of pitch in 4 days . My fantasy is more correct .
After 2nd Test Aussie curators were asked to make the pitch flat because of fragile Aussie batting line up .
Aussie curators don't get asked to prepare wickets a certain way.

You're projecting.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
The Melbourne pitch wasn't quick either.
Sorry Sunil1z.

Well the first test was D/N at Adelaide which you'd gamble to return low scores. Given the injuries India had it would've made sense for us to deliver bouncy pitches.
I guess the weather played a big part in how the pitches ended up behaving.

Can't control the weather. If, for instance, it had been overcast & wet in Nagpur leading up to the test, the pitch wouldn't have helped spinners much at all in the first half of the match.

Sunil1z

International Regular
Aussie curators don't get asked to prepare wickets a certain way.

You're projecting.
I don’t want to talk about pitch anymore. But I would say you one thing:
EVERYONE DOCTORS THE PITCH .

And there isn’t anything wrong in doctoring pitch unless it is physically dangerous for players .

And if there is a small chance that Australia don’t doctor wickets , then they are stupid .

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Not so much the case the last couple of years, but there was definitely a time where Australian wickets were prepared a certain way, as flat as possible for that sweet sweet TV rights money

Not sure if that counts as "doctoring" or not

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
I mentioned this after Smith's dismissal in the first dig, but is anyone concerned about how he's playing Jadeja? His MO in India last time was playing for the straight one every time, ignoring the turn and excepting that he's gonna get beaten on the outside edge. Last match Jadeja had him out twice knocking the stumps out the ground as smith player for turn and was done by the straight one.