• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

the big bambino

International Captain
Assuming Green isn't available:

Khawaja, Head, Labuschagne, Smith, Hansdscomb, Carey, Agar, Cummins, Starc, Lyon, Murphy.

Warner is cooked and Renshaw unsuited. I can't see the extra runs they'd score for either to replace Agar. Kuhnemann could come in but his action looks dicey. His bowling average in fc is 35, Agar's 42. He has upside but he'd be the 3rd spinner and I'd need someone in a 5 man attack who could score runs. Starc in for Boland and that's simply in reaction to the conditions and he's a better bat.

Can't think of any combination that would turn things for us tbh.

Victor Ian

International Coach
Look, I'm sorry to say it, but we Australians have to really start to gambhir like there is no tomorrow. Look at all these Indian's gambhiring the **** out of these threads ever since they became decent. It is the way of the future. We have no hope. They try to equate their top order tail with our bottom order tail. We are all tail, except for a smith blemish. There is no hope. We have ****ing lyon, the alien that the aliens don't want to rescue by looking for him in the northern hemisphere. We have a fast attack that has no hope on slow pitches and most of all, we are dumb ****s who don't prepare for the challenge but prefer to prop up our dumb **** BBL, that no one cares about with our test players instead of preparing properly. Australia has no hope here and is getting done in by mind games and everything because they wont prepare properly and have resorted to picking ****s on history, rather than form.

I really hope Australia turns things around for the poor Indian spectators, but we are no where near good enough and there is no chance to fix things until Australia sucks it up and realises that they will have to learn to play on spinning pitches by serving them up at home. They also have to feel the shame at losing to a team that is out of form and bowls the straight variety of spin. It's the new ashes. It is no good saying the Ashes is the pinnacle. India in India is the top challenge in cricket and Australia must treat it like that.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Starc hasn’t played since the Boxing Day test & only arrived in India today

At best, he will be seriously underdone

They should be sending Neser over on the same plane as Kuhnemann

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Look, I'm sorry to say it, but we Australians have to really start to gambhir like there is no tomorrow. Look at all these Indian's gambhiring the **** out of these threads ever since they became decent. It is the way of the future. We have no hope. They try to equate their top order tail with our bottom order tail. We are all tail, except for a smith blemish. There is no hope. We have ****ing lyon, the alien that the aliens don't want to rescue by looking for him in the northern hemisphere. We have a fast attack that has no hope on slow pitches and most of all, we are dumb ****s who don't prepare for the challenge but prefer to prop up our dumb **** BBL, that no one cares about with our test players instead of preparing properly. Australia has no hope here and is getting done in by mind games and everything because they wont prepare properly and have resorted to picking ****s on history, rather than form.

I really hope Australia turns things around for the poor Indian spectators, but we are no where near good enough and there is no chance to fix things until Australia sucks it up and realises that they will have to learn to play on spinning pitches by serving them up at home. They also have to feel the shame at losing to a team that is out of form and bowls the straight variety of spin. It's the new ashes. It is no good saying the Ashes is the pinnacle. India in India is the top challenge in cricket and Australia must treat it like that.
Yes this is the key.

social

And people need to stop thinking that Warner will be dropped until it actually happens as Cummins is on record as saying that he doesn’t want any of the veterans embarrassed

Sunil1z

International Regular
We are not Gambhiring , when we say Aus can still make a comeback in this series.

Simple method

Aus : 350 in 1st innings
Ind : 220 in 1st innings
Aus : 200 in 2nd innings
Ind : 200 all out

Or

Aus : 300 in 2nd innings
Ind : 230 in 2nd innings
Aus : 150/5 in 2nd innings

Smith , Labu , Cummins, Khwaja, Lyon can still turn things around. Indian batting is extremely fragile.

Gob

International Coach
We are not Gambhiring , when we say Aus can still make a comeback in this series.

Simple method

Aus : 350 in 1st innings
Aus : 200 in 2nd innings
Ind : 200 all out

Or

Aus : 300 in 2nd innings
Ind : 230 in 2nd innings
Aus : 150/5 in 2nd innings

Smith , Labu , Cummins, Khwaja, Lyon can still turn things around. Indian batting is extremely fragile.
Their middle is fragile but the tail makes up for it. Last game could have been a close one had Aust cleaned the tail for say 30 runs. As much as they batted like morons, its very hard to put any purpose in to an innings when you are 250 behind and knowing you have a **** all chance

duffer

Lol, welcome to the internet Australia. The NBN is to blame for this I think

Senile Sentry

International Debutant

Decent rant. But Gambiring, like the Moon, is upside down in the S Hemisphere.

Sunil1z

International Regular
Their middle is fragile but the tail makes up for it. Last game could have been a close one had Aust cleaned the tail for say 30 runs. As much as they batted like morons, its very hard to put any purpose in to an innings when you are 250 behind and knowing you have a **** all chance
Tail can’t bail you out if you reduce the team to 80/5 . Then max team score could be 210/220.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
The Indian tail scored 38 runs in the last match, and the last two wickets added 72 runs, which I don't think would've made the match close significantly Axar is a bona fide lower order batsman who I can see might even bat above Bharat if needed.

the big bambino

International Captain
And people need to stop thinking that Warner will be dropped until it actually happens as Cummins is on record as saying that he doesn’t want any of the veterans embarrassed
Unfortunately true but I was picking my team not the one I think they'll pick.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Highly doubt it, India was 240/7 when Bharat got out. If India had been bowled out for 270ish, little chance this match would've got close with a decisive 100 run lead for India.

Australia at best would have got 150-180 in 3rd dig, making it an easy chase. Smith was asked how the pitch was on day 3 vs day 1 and he said it was much more difficult and that Australia lost the match because of their 1st innings score being considerably below par of about 300.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Serious question, if he doesn't go on to ground some part of the foot behind the line before bowling it's a no-ball isn't it? Doesn't matter if he's hovering over it, some of the foot has to be on the ground, behind the line.

Or is that not right