• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

R!TTER

State Regular
You can't say for sure that Green would have not done better than Boland , how many people would have predicted that Murphy would get 6 more wickets than Lyon on debut ?
Given I've seen lots of debutants/rookies do actually better than regular spinners, me at least? Elgar, Clarke, Root, SoK, Tahir, Krejza, Boje just to name a few. Green's definitely not a better pacer than Boland & generally very few rookie pacers do well in India, among the ones that I have know of only the true ATG ones like Marshall, Walsh, Mcgrath, Steyn, Akram etc. So no Green would likely have not been more penetrative than Boland. They need a wicket taker & for me Green wouldn't be better in that regard. What they really needed was Cummins & Lyon to step up!

_00_deathscar

International Regular
I mean India are a team that bat pretty deep tbf, and Australia lost the plot after having them 5-180. They have a guy who averages 36 in FC at 8, Axar at 9 and shami at 10, who's not an absolute mug with the bat. If this was a more standard batting lineup I feel like 4 bowlers would have been fine.
But we were only 180/5 cos our top 5 bar Rohit are ****, so swings and roundabouts.

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
25th six
More than Dravid (21) & Pujara (14)

9th wicket 50* run partnership

PC should rest his 2 spinner (88 overs so far between them/ koz Next test at Delhi his spinner need to bowls longer spell unless Aus have rotation policy like eng to have agar & others
PC clean up Axar for 84

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
But we were only 180/5 cos our top 5 bar Rohit are ****, so swings and roundabouts.
Ehh, Pujara just scored a ton and has a ton FC runs to his name, Kohli's batting the best he has since the VID in white ball (not that I think that's HUGELY relevant to red ball, but he's clearly not horribly out of form across formats like he was in ENG), Ashwins gun in India and sky's in fantastic t20 form and coming off ranji runs for Mumbai. Rahul and Kohli are still a worry but I don't think the top order is THAT abysmal.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Given I've seen lots of debutants do actually better than regular spinners, me at least? Elgar, Clarke, Root, SoK, Tahir just to name a few. Green's definitely not a better pacer than Boland & generally very few rookie pacers do well in India, among the ones that I have know of only the true ATG ones like Marshall, Walsh, Mcgrath, Steyn, Akram etc. So no Green would likely have not been more penetrative than Boland. They need a wicket taker & for me Green wouldn't be better in that regard. What they really needed was Cummins & Lyon to step up!
He isn’t a better pacer than Boland but he makes it easy to play a five man attack with three spinners if he’s in the side at six and Agar bats at eight

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Getting the vibe where gonna get rolled for sub 200 here and lose by an innings. If we manage to show some fight and drag this to day 5 thar would be a decent sign. Walking away from this tour 3/4-0 or best case 2-1 India would be a shame given how we did last time and India's mile long injury list leading in, but don't see us winning or drawing the series from here.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Getting the vibe where gonna get rolled for sub 200 here and lose by an innings. If we manage to show some fight and drag this to day 5 thar would be a decent sign. Walking away from this tour 3/4-0 or best case 2-1 India would be a shame given how we did last time and India's mile long injury list leading in, but don't see us winning or drawing the series from here.
The answer is to drop Boland and Handscomb and revert to the the Rule of One Victorian. It’s no coincidence this is the worst performance Aus has put up in ages and there’s multiple Mexicans on the park

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
Rohit become 1st Indian captain with Hundred in All 3 Format

Dilshan
Duplisis
Babar

Are other 3 who Also hits Hundred in all 3 format as captain of their respective countries.