• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yup, I've always kinda liked him. Doesn't hold back from critiquing but does it without being mean spirited like Warne. Good stuff. Also Karthik needs to stop making excuses for Kohli's slip catching. When the GOAT slipper is telling you Kohli's doing stuff wrong, just listen.
His issue is the same that plagues many gun LO ring fielders when they get into catching positions in tests. I remember Jaddu and Jonty both sucking coz they tend to get up quick, with weight balanced and anticipating the shot and the direction of the ball and utilizing their speed and agility across the turf. All great attributes for a regular point/cover/midwicket fielder in LO or even test cricket. But slip catching demands an entirely different and in most ways, opposite skill set, esp. to spinners. Staying low, not anticipating too much and following the ball etc.

We should get Rahul or Rohit himself there. Both look lazy enough to be good slip fielders for spinners.

R!TTER

State Regular
quoting this for everyone to laugh just in case
Pune definitely had more bounce, this one has bite but not much bounce. It will probably slow down a lot as well, with the odd ball scooting through. Let's see, some pitches can actually get slightly better as the track slows down on day 2/3/4 in India.

srbhkshk

International Captain
Will defo need a decent lead here at least, don't fancy anything more than a 100 in the 4th innings with this batting.

cnerd123

likes this
Gill is really good at slip. Sky decent.
have either of them fielded enough at slip for us to say this. White ball quite different to red ball. You only have slips for about 5-10 overs or so, in Tests you're out there for 30 overs with **** all happening and then suddenly there's a chance.

Shady Slim

International Coach
Yes, Jaddu at 5 and Axar at 7/8 can be a good move to separate lefties and righties.
is that the highest jaddu would have batted at this level?

i rate the bloke - immensely - i think that he's arguably already at atg level, but i don't know how strong a batting order with six guys worse than him really could be

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That was Ashwin fielding. Why didn’t they take three instead of settling for one?

halba

International 12th Man

i rate the bloke - immensely - i think that he's arguably already at atg level, but i don't know how strong a batting order with six guys worse than him really could be
definitely atg level cricketer as of this test. this was pretty much the series to prove it and he has done so.

the arm balls and subtle variations are impossible to pick. batters playing for turn and, instead, its just the arm ball, and then they are out.

the batting is going to be very aggressive.

srbhkshk

International Captain

He's beeen averaging ~50 overall for the last 5 years or so. Would be even better in India (around 65), a genuine batsman at least in India.