• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
You think it's normal part of pitch preparation to water only the length areas outside left hander's leg stump? Unless you think Bharat Sundaresan was lying. Almost makes me root for Australia to win in a sub 100 score game with Steve Smith taking 8/35. Almost.
You think Bharat Sunderasan was there every day previously when they were watering the pitch? Maybe they felt they watered it too much the previous day?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Okay, fine. Let's ignore that part then. If that is proven that indeed what they were doing (e.g they came out and admitted that they prepare one side of the pitch one way, and another side another way due to the number of right-handers vs left-handers in the home vs away side), do you think it's ok to do?

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Curator has apparently done some work on the area where Pat Cummins commences his run up. It's come up pretty well

1675895104979.png

TheJediBrah

Okay, fine. Let's ignore that part then. If that is proven that indeed what they were doing (e.g they came out and admitted that they prepare one side of the pitch one way, and another side another way due to the number of right-handers vs left-handers in the home vs away side), do you think it's ok to do?
It's fine, nothing against the rules. Australia have every right to try and do something similar when they host a series (not sure how they would do that though, bake the pitches so they are rock hard, as fast and bouncy as possible I guess)

Burgey

It's fine, nothing against the rules. Australia have every right to try and do something similar when they host a series (not sure how they would do that though, bake the pitches so they are rock hard, as fast and bouncy as possible I guess)
Do you mean bake half of each pitch?

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
looks like a rank turner. both lyon and murphy, aus best spinners will play. murphy averages 25 in FC(on much less assistive pitches than the one likely above). Swep and agar are poor in FC.
History witnessed oversea's spinner not as much successful as indian spinner in india plus they Licking Lumsum runs

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The short answer is no.

Unless your goal is turn turn the match into a farce.

There may have been another reason for this though. I'm suspicious that an Indian journalist is blowing the whistle...so it could well be a wind-up.

Anyway, I have just paid my $25 for Kayo for the month. Lets hope it's over in 3 matches so I don't have to pay for another month.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Again, can we have a sub-forum within Cricket Chat next to the forum games sub-forum? We could have one sub-forum clubbed for BG, Ashes and WTC final.

Burgey

The short answer is no.

Unless your goal is turn turn the match into a farce.

There may have been another reason for this though. I'm suspicious that an Indian journalist is blowing the whistle...so it could well be a wind-up.

Anyway, I have just paid my $25 for Kayo for the month. Lets hope it's over in 3 matches so I don't have to pay for another month.
The bloke who tweeted about it lives and works out here. He'a semi-regular on ABC TV Offsiders of a Sunday morning. He's punishing. I generally mute the TV when he's on because I coached under 10s kids who had more insightful observations on the game, but I don't think there's any sort of grand conspiracy involving him.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The bloke who tweeted about it lives and works out here. He'a semi-regular on ABC TV Offsiders of a Sunday morning. He's punishing. I generally mute the TV when he's on because I coached under 10s kids who had more insightful observations on the game, but I don't think there's any sort of grand conspiracy involving him.
Ahh, ok. I've been lucky enough to miss him (although unlucky enough to not have seen Offsiders for a long time). I'm looking forward to seeing the pitch at 1:30. If it looks like those pictures, it will be $25 well spent.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't think pitch is going to behave too differently for the two set of batters. Much more rough will be created for left handers though and that'd be mainly because all the fast bowlers in both teams are right handed.