• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

Gob

International Coach

plenty of grass and some cracks. even if the top grass gets shaved off i do not expect this to fall apart quickly but am expecting turn and bounce throughout the test without it getting worse or deteriorating much after day 2
set me up

Gob

International Coach
Think I've altered my initial prediction a touch

Result - Australia 4 -0
Most runs - Travis Head
Most wickets - Travis Head
Player of the series - Travis Head
Surprise packages - Kohli to retire/get dropped mid way through crying and bleming, Ashwing to get reported for chucking, India to get bowled under 100 at least twice, Stokes to get arrested

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Think I've altered my initial prediction a touch

Result - Australia 4 -0
Most runs - Travis Head
Most wickets - Travis Head
Player of the series - Travis Head
Surprise packages - Kohli to retire/get dropped mid way through crying and bleming, Ashwing to get reported for chucking, India to get bowled under 100 at least twice, Stokes to get arrested
Daily reminder that Head > Wade.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
let us not pretend like any of us know the ins and outs of pitch preparation everywhere around thew world. could easily be something that is a normal part of pitch preparation that no one has paid any attention to until yesterday
You think it's normal part of pitch preparation to water only the length areas outside left hander's leg stump? Unless you think Bharat Sundaresan was lying. Almost makes me root for Australia to win in a sub 100 score game with Steve Smith taking 8/35. Almost.

R!TTER

State Regular
How about wait for the game to be played out? Just because he's BS doesn't mean he's an omniscient being! We've seen lots of whining about literally every type of pitches in India & yet they generally offer something to the opposition bowlers at least 50% of the time. And it's not like Oz or Eng don't win 70-80% of tosses here, yet get thrashed more often than not ?‍♀

If you still want to whine do what you have to ?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Daemon

It seems like he said that in response to Healy's comments about India preparing "unreasonable" wickets in the previous BG in India.

The article doesn't even mention the 3/4 wicket preparation seen over the last couple of days.

Coronis

International Coach
no i just cannot stand mother****ers who become pitch curators because they need a dopamine hit when reading the news
So you think its not normal but unless a professional curator says it nobody else can express that opinion? Especially if they aren’t on the home team?

Shri

Mr. Glass
What are the curators doing with the Nagpur pitch?

It is difficult to predict but this is not something that has been done by Indian pitch curators for the first time. This ploy of selective treatment of the pitch is done to create an illusion in the minds of the visiting team. The less rolling and more watering on the side generally leaves the top layer of the pitch loose, which makes the surface appear dusty in the beginning but it settles down from the second day and starts to assist spinners aiming at a particular length.

Shri

Mr. Glass
but unless a professional curator says it nobody else can express that opinion?
you can but you would most likely be wrong and the points being made profoundly dumb

i know nothing about engineering and you will not see me looking at a bridge under construction and tell everyone that the bridge will collapse because i mistook the colour of the metal for rust when it isn't

ffs why is this a difficult concept

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Result - 2 all draw
Most runs - Pujara
Most wickets - Jadeja and Boland
Player of the series - Pujara
Surprise packages - Saha (I guess) Boland's MF bowling inexplicably working out

SillyCowCorner1

Since January 2021, Virat Kohli averages 25.67 against spin for 12 dismissals. Against off-spin, he has been dismissed six times at an average of 20.50.
A chance for Virat to correct these numbers, eh?

RossTaylorsBox

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend