• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

halba

International 12th Man
looks like a rank turner. both lyon and murphy, aus best spinners will play. murphy averages 25 in FC(on much less assistive pitches than the one likely above). Swep and agar are poor in FC.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
tbf if you have a swing at someone and they immediately call you a bigot or a racist regardless of what you've said to them, it does tend to inflame things just a little.
Could you have been any less subtle with this targeted jab

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Also, on the above, I think it will all boil down to how good Steve Smith is. The series result majorly hinges on his performance.
I think he is included in the batting. :) I mean to say, both bowling sides are good enough to take advantage of a weak batting line up. It will boil down to which batting line up is weaker in these conditions at this time.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Could you have been any less subtle with this targeted jab
I was simply responding to what was going on in the thread at the time. Personally think Balbino was OTT to begin with given things in here had been pretty congenial, but don’t think the response helped.

Everyone knows I am a very even tempered poster who doesn’t take pot shots at people, so my opinion on this matter plainly carries a lot of heft.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't think there will be a massive difference between how the ball behaves for LHB and how it does for RHB.

And it seems that the whole pitch is going to spin a lot..

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Lol just seeing this stuff now and this is absolute ridiculous. First time I’m saying this - I support raging turners from day one but this cannot be in the spirit of the game. C’mon guys, this is not defensible.

Absolutely hilarious that it’s so blatant. But still not defensible. If the icc had any power or balls, they would come in and force the game to be played elsewhere.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Lol just seeing this stuff now and this is absolute ridiculous. First time I’m saying this - I support raging turners from day one but this cannot be in the spirit of the game. C’mon guys, this is not defensible.

Absolutely hilarious that it’s so blatant. But still not defensible. If the icc had any power or balls, they would come in and force the game to be played elsewhere.
let us not pretend like any of us know the ins and outs of pitch preparation everywhere around thew world. could easily be something that is a normal part of pitch preparation that no one has paid any attention to until yesterday

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

Did u see the current pic of the pitch?

R!TTER

State Regular
After watching the Poms whinge about the pitches endlessly I guess this par for course :sp_ike:
Pitch doctoring? FFS you've been playing in the IPL for 15 years now, you are more used to these "conditions" than India ever does in Oz. Besides the last time you won a game batting second in India was back in 2001 Mumbai - since then Oz has won 16 tosses (in 21 tests) with 3 test wins, including the 2004 tour where 3 tosses won yielded 2 victories!

I guess we should just let you win the toss every time & make pitches with half a meter grass - better yet why not gift you the series as well :laughing:

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
Nagpur test

- In the last ten years, India have won each of the 15 series they have played at home. They have lost only two Tests in this period, one of which came against Australia in Pune

----

R Ashwin is one wicket away from becoming the ninth bowler to pick 450 Test wickets. If he gets there in Nagpur, he will be the second quickest to the milestone behind Muralitharan who got there in 80 Tests.

----

In the last ten years, India have won each of the 15 series they have played at home. They have lost only two Tests in this period, one of which came against Australia in Pune.

---

Usman Khawaja has been part of a Test squad that has toured India twice before - in 2013 and 2017 - but he is yet to play an actual game here.

--

Axar Patel has 47 wickets in eight Tests so far. If he takes three more in his next match, he will be the fastest Indian to 50 Test wickets, alongside Ashwin (nine Tests

----

India need to win at least three Tests in this series to put their qualification for the WTC final beyond any doubt. And considering their win-loss record at home over the last 10 years is 42 and 2, they'll be fancying their chances.

One of the two in 42 and 2 is Australia. They beat India in 2017 and then England followed suit in 2021.

R!TTER

State Regular
Spiking drinks pitches isn't usually an Indian thing, at least for the first test in a series. Since 2004 series defeat we've lost from memory just 2 tests, Bangalore 2005 & Chennai 2021, on absolute flat roads. If we really wanted to win we'd prepare an absolute dead track, this pitch will be a balanced one IMO with pacers getting some help in the first session. The entire square also probably couldn't be made more "flat" given there was a Ranji game just recently!

Shri

Mr. Glass

plenty of grass and some cracks. even if the top grass gets shaved off i do not expect this to fall apart quickly but am expecting turn and bounce throughout the test without it getting worse or deteriorating much after day 2