• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in NZ 2023

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Great to see Ashok there. If Young opens I'll be livid.
Every right to be livid if that's the case. It better not.

Surely Boult isn't playing the 2nd Test if they're not picking him in the squad, and he hasn't played any four-day cricket (I realise he probably won't again in his career) or even one-day cricket.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
“So Baz, any thoughts of toning down the bazball approach and returning to a more traditional brand of test cricket for this series?”

“Let me answer your question with another question. What do you think about Anton Devcich as a batting coach?”

“JFC.”

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
“So Baz, any thoughts of toning down the bazball approach and returning to a more traditional brand of test cricket for this series?”

“Let me answer your question with another question. What do you think about Anton Devcich as a batting coach?”

“JFC.”
Hahaha...from the article I read, he wasn't even that (batting coach)

“Dev is with us working on supporting the players in the nets,” the spokesperson told Stuff.

I remember Stephen from Dunedin having that role at Uni Oval, a while back. Good on him.

Mike5181

International Captain
I don't think it's the worst idea in the world to surround the England team with local knowledge. Devcich was pretty ordinary but he's probably played with or against most of the NZ team.