• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
I would like Kishan to get a game too but pretty sure Bharat will start the series. Below team will start the series.

Rahul
Rohit
Pujara
Kohli
Iyer
Jadeja
Bharat ( WKT)
Ashwin
Axar
Siraj
Shami
Yeah with Bharat we lose Kuldeep too I guess... I think our spin attack will have lot of samenesss & left handers like Usman Head & Carey may really trouble us.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
CA just upload a nice YouTube video of Akash Chopra from 03/04 BG Trophy.

That series triggers so many childhood memories. Waking up at 5 am to watch Sehwag bat at Adelaide. Then hoping for a miracle on 5th day at SCG ?
Even Melbourne stays in mind. Sehwag playing a brilliant innings getting 195 on the first day getting India to a strong position and then Australia absolutely dominating the next 4 days.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
I mean how does he get up the order though? Mumbai have jaiswal and shaw opening and rahane at 4, and none of those guys are getting picked for the national team atm so there always around. Iyer also bat's 3 half the games. Sarfaraz could move up to 3 when Iyer's gone I guess?
Rahane started playing Ranji only this year. Sarfaraz could have played higher up in the previous years if he was genuinely the best batsman in the team. And now, like you said, Iyer is not there and so he could bat at 3.

His brother Musheer started playing Ranji only from this year and has been opening in all the games he got. There are always opportunities.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah with Bharat we lose Kuldeep too I guess... I think our spin attack will have lot of samenesss & left handers like Usman Head & Carey may really trouble us.
Jadeja and Axar should be looked at as a single bowler while Ashwin/Siraj/Shami bowl from the other end. They should not be playing in tandem.

Sunil1z

International Regular
Even Melbourne stays in mind. Sehwag playing a brilliant innings getting 195 on the first day getting India to a strong position and then Australia absolutely dominating the next 4 days.
On Day 1at MCG , I couldn’t believe it was happening. IND were well positioned at 260/1 to score 600 in that inning. I thought if we win this Test , we win the series. But then we collapsed ?

Xix2565

International Regular
Two left armer spinners don't make a sense... With the kind of form Kuldeep is in... We need him. He is no mug with the bat either.
Don't know how Jadeja will pull up after a long while. Ashwin's form is a concern too (with ball in BD)
Axar is literally Jadeja lite in both bat and ball so this makes no sense.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
What having two left arm spinners? Imo Axar only comes in if Bharat plays over Kishan. Kuldeep is overall a lot better spinner especially vs overseas sides.
Axar averages 12 in test cricket. Surely, cannot be dropped. What if they are both left arm.. Should just play Ashwin, Jadeja and Axar. Also, gives a h4x batting depth.

R!TTER

State Regular
He also avg 12 on some of the most tailor made surfaces for spinners in recent memory! Jadeja for reference avg 10 against SA on similar surfaces back in 2015 & two of them were flat decks, Bangalore and Delhi, against much better players of spin. We also saw how Kuldeep absolutely outbowled both the incumbents in Bangladesh, though ultimately it will depend on the track. If they're flat I'd prefer Kuldeep whilst on turners Bapu's batting could be handy.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
He also avg 12 on some of the most tailor made surfaces for spinners in recent memory! Jadeja for reference avg 10 against SA on similar surfaces back in 2015 & two of them were flat decks, Bangalore and Delhi, against much better players of spin.
Yes, get it made by a tailor or a barber. If he can continue playing and averaging 12-15 taking wickets at will at home, it is great for India. BG series is the most high profile test series and without Pant, India needs to go with all the ammunition it has got.

R!TTER

State Regular
He won't avg 12 forever, not even in India. If the pitch is relatively flat Kuldeep is our best bet to get a positive result.

Gob

International Coach
Jadeja sure gets injured a lot for a spinner

Batting of Jadeja, Axar and Ashwin will make a huge difference in the end

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
He won't avg 12 forever, not even in India. If the pitch is flat Kuldeep is our best bet to get a positive resul.
I don't think it is going to be flat. Has been quite some time since India produced a really flat pitch for tests. But I am sure they won't prepare a pitch to assist pace, especially with Bumrah not being there.

But you never know. @subshakerz says that the soil and conditions dictate how a pitch does and the curator/board has no say on it. So it could turn out to be a wild seaming pitch if the soil says so.

Sunil1z

International Regular
Well deserved

It was a but ridiculous that they were ranked below Australia despite beating them at away twice in a row
I am actually surprised tbh .
The good thing is our lead is only 1 points. So if Aus win , they get no.1 ranked again