• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Srilanka and New Zealand LO tours to India - Jan 2023

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
New Zealand T20I squad: Mitchell Santner (c), Finn Allen, Michael Bracewell, Mark Chapman, Dane Cleaver, Devon Conway, Jacob Duffy, Lockie Ferguson, Ben Lister, Daryl Mitchell, Glenn Phillips, Michael Rippon, Henry Shipley, Ish Sodhi, Blair Tickner

Lister was in india before with nz A team. I wonder & why Tim Southee & Williamson
Played in Pakistan but not India? Rippon, Shipley & Duffy good selection

G. S. Kohli

Lister not to get Sick "this time". If he gets succesful Gary Stead might includes him for NZ's April 2023 tour of Pakistan for 10 white ball games

thierry henry

International Coach
I was under the impression that Lister was statistically good but not quick enough for higher honours. However I just checked his stats and they aren’t even very good so….meh.

Red ball cricket appears to be his best format but then, he somehow has a good average but only takes 2WPM. Does he just not bowl with the old ball?

G. S. Kohli

I was under the impression that Lister was statistically good but not quick enough for higher honours. However I just checked his stats and they aren’t even very good so….meh.

Red ball cricket appears to be his best format but then, he somehow has a good average but only takes 2WPM. Does he just not bowl with the old ball?
During NZ A tour he was not in playing xl plus he was sick hospitalized in india. I wish him good luck this time.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I just checked too and you're right - stats are worse than expected. Would bowl at the death, but even so...

Flem274*

123/5
4 blokes injured and Boult unavailable so I think the selectors figure they should take a look. Lister is still like 9th in line.

Edit - wow lol did they mix up his list A stats with his fc and t20?

thierry henry

International Coach
He's looked pretty slow when I've seen him bowl. Could be smashed (although so could all of them).
I can’t remember where I saw this (cos on reflection it seems weird to have had radars for domestic cricket?) but I absolutely saw him bowl with the radars once and he was 120s

Flem274*

123/5
I can’t remember where I saw this (cos on reflection it seems weird to have had radars for domestic cricket?) but I absolutely saw him bowl with the radars once and he was 120s
no you're right - we used to have those stingy domestic radars that gave no one anything lol. i remember we all noticed the nz players were clocking styris seam up speeds and the likes of milne a heady 141kph.

lister probs 125-135kph but we've just spent pages in the other thread moaning the selectors never gave medium fast bowlers a fair go back in the day. im more concerned lister's picked in probably his two weaker formats. still, worth a look in jam series.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
lister probs 125-135kph but we've just spent pages in the other thread moaning the selectors never gave medium fast bowlers a fair go back in the day. im more concerned lister's picked in probably his two weaker formats. still, worth a look in jam series.
He's definitely less of a FC bowler - don't think Auckland even select him half the time (or maybe injured, I dunno). Took 43 of his 67 FC wickets in 17/18 and 18/19 and has only been in and out of the Auckland side since then.
Anyway, happy to give him a look in a JAMT20 series.

Flem274*

123/5
He's definitely less of a FC bowler - don't think Auckland even select him half the time (or maybe injured, I dunno). Took 43 of his 67 FC wickets in 17/18 and 18/19 and has only been in and out of the Auckland side since then.
Anyway, happy to give him a look in a JAMT20 series.
ah, the green top ambush years. the canterbury medium pace battery was unstoppable and now they're all fringe players/county cricketers.

Sunil1z

International Regular
Read on Twitter

India have played 25 ODI series at home since JAN 2010
Won :22
Lost : 3 ( PAK 2012, SA 2015, AUS 2019)

G. S. Kohli

New Zealand T20I squad: Mitchell Santner (c), Finn Allen, Michael Bracewell, Mark Chapman, Dane Cleaver, Devon Conway, Jacob Duffy, Lockie Ferguson, Ben Lister, Daryl Mitchell, Glenn Phillips, Michael Rippon, Henry Shipley, Ish Sodhi, Blair Tickner

Lister was in india before with nz A team. I wonder & why Tim Southee & Williamson
Played in Pakistan but not India? Rippon, Shipley & Duffy good selection
T20I vs Nz squad:Hardik Pandya (Captain), Suryakumar Yadav (vice-captain), Ishan Kishan (wk), Ruturaj Gaikwad, Shubman Gill, Deepak Hooda, Rahul Tripathi, Jitesh Sharma (wk), Washington Sundar, Kuldeep Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Arshdeep Singh, Umran Malik, Shivam Mavi, Prithvi Shaw, Mukesh Kumar.