• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

Gob

International Coach
Really looking forward to seeing Carey bat actually. Reckon he’ll be absolute key for straya
As long as he does not fail in to a pool again (In that case the spell will be reversed), he will go okay

Niall

International Coach
Really looking forward to this series, really could go either way.

Only downside is its not on the box in the UK.
Viaplay picked up the Bangla series so hopefully worst case scenario they pick it up.

India v Sri Lanka ODI series nowhere either, it does seem very odd that such series are not been picked up as India do have a sizable following in the UK.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Is anyone else suprised by the lack of A matches Australia have scheduled in and around this tour? When we went over to Sri lanka we had Aus A played 2 tests and 3 ODI's at the same time. From what I can see on cricinfo there's no Australia-A games scheduled for this tour. If i'm being 100% honest it feels like where halfassing the prep for this tour, ALOT. We're only flying out at the start of feb and the 1st test is on feb 9th. Last time we went to india we spent 6 months before hand prepping in similiar conditions to make sure we where as ready as possible.

Maybe i'm just overthinking all this, and even with that in mind I still feel that this as a huge series for Australia (there's huge talk of Aus Ind making these tours 5 matches instead of 4, putting it on the same level as the ashes). If Australia did basically no prep for an Ashes in england, had no Aus-A fixtures prepared beforehand and only actually rocked up on english soil with the squad 9 days before the first test I feel like the media would be up in arms.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is anyone else suprised by the lack of A matches Australia have scheduled in and around this tour? When we went over to Sri lanka we had Aus A played 2 tests and 3 ODI's at the same time. From what I can see on cricinfo there's no Australia-A games scheduled for this tour. If i'm being 100% honest it feels like where halfassing the prep for this tour, ALOT. We're only flying out at the start of feb and the 1st test is on feb 9th. Last time we went to india we spent 6 months before hand prepping in similiar conditions to make sure we where as ready as possible.

Maybe i'm just overthinking all this, and even with that in mind I still feel that this as a huge series for Australia (there's huge talk of Aus Ind making these tours 5 matches instead of 4, putting it on the same level as the ashes). If Australia did basically no prep for an Ashes in england, had no Aus-A fixtures prepared beforehand and only actually rocked up on english soil with the squad 9 days before the first test I feel like the media would be up in arms.
That's cricket now. Schedule is too packed with bull**** to have extended tours with prep and tour matches like they used to. It's the same for everyone.

Back in 2017 IIRC Aus had a bit of an anomalous extended time where they could prepare for the conditions, but it's not going to be the norm anymore

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That's cricket now. Schedule is too packed with bull**** to have extended tours with prep and tour matches like they used to. It's the same for everyone.

Back in 2017 IIRC Aus had a bit of an anomalous extended time where they could prepare for the conditions, but it's not going to be the norm anymore
Boards are cramming games into the schedule in an attempt to recoup losses incurred during the pandemic and to comply with the ftp

You would have to go a long way to find a more pointless odi series than the one played between Australia and Zimbabwe prior to the T20 WC from a playing perspective

However, CA can tick that box and move on

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Boards are cramming games into the schedule in an attempt to recoup losses incurred during the pandemic and to comply with the ftp

You would have to go a long way to find a more pointless odi series than the one played between Australia and Zimbabwe prior to the T20 WC from a playing perspective

However, CA can tick that box and move on
That's true but international tours have been like this for a while before the pandemic. Back in the 90s and early 00s you would have 2 to 3 tour games before the Tests on most tours, and if it was an Ashes there would be as many tour games against full-strength Counties as there were Tests.

Now you're lucky if you get a tour match against a 2nd XI or youth-oriented state team

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
So your telling me they have sarfaraz khan and a ton of other young FC bats waiting in the wings and they pick ****ing SKY? I know SKY is the best t20 bat in the world RN, and that he made a few 80's when he played for Mumbai but come on. Sarfaraz is basically 2 sky's, both in size and FC average.

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
Cricbuzz

Suryakumar Yadav, Ishan Kishan picked for first two Australia test , than, who made his first-class debut in 2014 versus Assam, has compiled 2985 runs at an average of 38.76 in 48 first-class matches. His highest first-class score of 273 came versus Delhi in November 2016.

Suryakumar Yadav, who has been in scintillating form in T20Is for India, has also been included. The middle-order batter made his first-class debut way back in December 2010 versus Delhi, and has 5549 runs in that format at an average of 44.79

?Squad: Rohit Sharma (Captain), KL Rahul (vice-captain), Shubman Gill, Cheteshwar Pujara, Virat Kohli, Shreyas Iyer, KS Bharat (wk), Ishan Kishan (wk), R. Ashwin, Axar Patel, Kuldeep Yadav, Ravindra Jadeja, Mohd. Shami, Mohd. Siraj, Umesh Yadav, Jaydev Unadkat, Suryakumar Yadav.

Ⓒ Cricbuzz

Last edited: