• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

Socerer 01

International Captain
I do not think india dare to try Bharat/ Jitesh sharma or someone from Domestic cricket.
Rahul is okayed even with his some Limitation of Level 1 keeping.

Saha also best keeper but i do not know if he is active or not.
Bharat has already played in a warmup in England and has been the regular in India A, makes zero sense to give him all that practice as backup and not play him when there is a need

Rahul won’t even last three days as the keeper ffs he is injury prone and also not good as keeper. he’s also the best slip fielder in the team

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
If we wanted a reserve keeper while also letting Inglis get some FC games in why not pick Pierson? He's been making runs consistently at shield level for a while and made 230+ runs across two innings without being dismissed to drag AUS A to a win vs Sri Lanka when we toured earlier in the year.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If we wanted a reserve keeper while also letting Inglis get some FC games in why not pick Pierson? He's been making runs consistently at shield level for a while and made 230+ runs across two innings without being dismissed to drag AUS A to a win vs Sri Lanka when we toured earlier in the year.
Yeah I would have thought he’d be the obvious back up

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah Pierson over Inglis for me too but I don't think that's the pecking order atm
Ehh pierson's performed at A level and made shield runs recently while inglis hasn't strung together cosistent FC games in 2 years and when he has appeared he's been dreadful. Still think inglis has the higher cieling and is a better keeper, but any rational person would have Pierson ahead.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Did not have this Aus line up with four of the top ten ranked test batsmen on my 2023 bingo card

sphynx

U19 Debutant
Feels like they will pick Agar, when I would prefer Murphy.

Cummins, Haze, Lyon, Murphy with Green and Head as the 5th/6th options.

Is what I would go with:

Warner
Khawaja
Labuschagne
Smith
Head
Carey
Green
Cummins
Lyon
Hazlewood
Murphy

Gob

International Coach
Feels like they will pick Agar, when I would prefer Murphy.

Cummins, Haze, Lyon, Murphy with Green and Head as the 5th/6th options.

Is what I would go with:

Warner
Khawaja
Labuschagne
Smith
Head
Carey
Green
Cummins
Lyon
Hazlewood
Murphy
He is the better bowler by a mile. The issue is he is turning it as the same direction as Lyon

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
He is the better bowler by a mile. The issue is he is turning it as the same direction as Lyon
Yeah, and it's not even just that - he's such a similar bowler to Lyon in general.

The Ashes squad should only have two spinners in it and I'd just take Lyon and Murphy in that case because there's no way you'd even want to play two at once in England, but I can see the argument for Agar/Swepson ahead of Murphy as a second spinner as opposed to a backup one.

Shady Slim

International Coach
if india had to pick two spinners and their choices were ashwin, a labclone of ashwin and kuldeep yadav, they're taking the ashwin clone every day of the week and twice on sundays imho

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
if india had to pick two spinners and their choices were ashwin, a labclone of ashwin and kuldeep yadav, they're taking the ashwin clone every day of the week and twice on sundays imho
Kuldeep turns it the same way as Ashwin anyway tbf.

If their choices were Ashwin, a labclone of Ashwin, Amit Mishra and Murali Kartik I reckon they'd pick Mishra or Kartik. Good spinners can bowl super long spells anyway so there's not that much point picking two extremely similar ones - just don't take Lyon off if that's what's working.

sphynx

U19 Debutant
Yeah, and it's not even just that - he's such a similar bowler to Lyon in general.

The Ashes squad should only have two spinners in it and I'd just take Lyon and Murphy in that case because there's no way you'd even want to play two at once in England, but I can see the argument for Agar/Swepson ahead of Murphy as a second spinner as opposed to a backup one.
Murphy turns it more and gets more drift than Lyon.

Lyon gets a lot more overspin.

They are different.

Not that it matters all that much. Over a few hundred overs he's going to take more wickets than Agar or Swepson.

Murphy is also a hell of alot more accurate than both Swepson and Agar.

Shady Slim

International Coach
Kuldeep turns it the same way as Ashwin anyway tbf.

If their choices were Ashwin, a labclone of Ashwin, Amit Mishra and Murali Kartik I reckon they'd pick Mishra or Kartik. Good spinners can bowl super long spells anyway so there's not that much point picking two extremely similar ones - just don't take Lyon off if that's what's working.
yep i got kuldeep mixed up with the man the myth the legend the great karn sharma