• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ravindra Jadeja vs Graeme Swann

Who was the better bowler?(Tests)

• Ravindra Jadeja

Votes: 24 68.6%
  • Graeme Swann

Votes: 11 31.4%

• Total voters

subshakerz

International Coach
Please check his record in Asia. Guy was found wanting many times .
Spinners primary job is to win his side in Asia.
You won't rate Srinath higher because of his better average in Asia and being poor performer in pace friendly countries
The difference is how much weightage we give to being able to win matches overseas.

subshakerz

International Coach
You can keep referring Jadeja as home bully . But as I said earlier, I would prefer home bully like Jadeja who has lost 1 test match in a decade over ATG like Wasim and Waqar who who lost 3 home series in 3 years.
Let's agree to disagree.
Jadeja equals team India and better than Wasim, Waqar apparently.

subshakerz

International Coach
This is so wrong. He isn't biased against any team or player but his arguments and logic tend to be distorted at times and infuriating too.
I don't mind posters saying I am illogical but the anti-India bias I find silly. I hold team India of the 2000s in high esteem.

_00_deathscar

International Regular
As long as he isn't an Indian home bully.

I've argued for plenty of Indian cricketers before on CW. I got a lot of hate for giving props to Harbi some time back. By Indian posters no less.
Cos you’re mental and think Harbhajan “averaged nearly 40 for the last 70 tests” Singh was as good as Jadeja

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Swann was a phenomenal bowler. Bowled with heaps of revs and was supremely accurate too
I'd still put Jadeja just ahead of him tho. It felt like up until 2016 he was quite a one-dimensional bowler who just used to dart it in consistently. From memory he subsequently took a 7-for in SA and that opened my eyes as to how good a bowler he is. Miserly and versatile spinner who would thrive in all conditions and in whatever era
I suppose not having a matchwinning spell in Aus is the only 'blemish' on his CV tbh. Quality spinner

Last edited:

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think I'm going to call it the Ikki:

1. Make highly subjective, highly contestable claim about something which is difficult to judge
2. Call claim a "fact" or "obvious" or something else
3. Say that anyone who disagrees with this claim is being dishonest or gaslighting etc

So aggravating.
It's an infuriating line of posting but given how much abuse he cops, it's still pretty restrained IMO. Never agree with Subshakerz but everything he says is followed by a pile on.

_00_deathscar

International Regular
It's an infuriating line of posting but given how much abuse he cops, it's still pretty restrained IMO. Never agree with Subshakerz but everything he says is followed by a pile on.
It’s cos it’s a deliberately confrontational style of posting.
Doubt there are too many who rate Bumrah over Cummins.
Swann/Jadeja is close etc.

But he goes around acting a thunder****.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
No you don't. You always follow any appreciation related to Indian cricket with a 'but' that is insinuating and insulting.
And with respect to what @trundler posted... The only pile-on is the sheer volume of saltshakerz posts in CC. The obvious agenda and bias and tedious attempts at showing himself as a "neutral" poster and irrational and ilogical posting can all be manageable if the volume was not this much. Literally every other post/thread on CC is saltshakerz with the same obvious drivel.

subshakerz

International Coach
It’s cos it’s a deliberately confrontational style of posting.
Doubt there are too many who rate Bumrah over Cummins.
Swann/Jadeja is close etc.

But he goes around acting a thunder****.
frankly, aside from you fanboyz, the rest of the posters dont get triggered and are able to stick to arguments without all the silly personal jibes.

subshakerz

International Coach
Unfortunately I am dealing with a hive mind here of reactionary posters who lose all nuance when it comes to arguing with me.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And with respect to what @trundler posted... The only pile-on is the sheer volume of saltshakerz posts in CC. The obvious agenda and bias and tedious attempts at showing himself as a "neutral" poster and irrational and ilogical posting can all be manageable if the volume was not this much. Literally every other post/thread on CC is saltshakerz with the same obvious drivel.
I never agree with the guy because his reasoning is often times spurious and kind of illogical eg rating Waugh over Kallis for being quick scoring and unselfish but he's treated like Ikki or TNT when he's just.. disagreeable. It's very grating to read unfounded assertions passed off as objective facts, yes but you gotta give him props for withstanding the abuse. Plus, sometimes he just gets jeered at simply because people assume he has an ulterior motive. Reactionary race baiting is always an eye sore.