• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ravindra Jadeja vs Graeme Swann

Who was the better bowler?(Tests)

• Ravindra Jadeja

Votes: 24 68.6%
  • Graeme Swann

Votes: 11 31.4%

• Total voters

Everton Seymour

U19 Debutant
Swann averaged nearly 40 vs Australia (and 50+ In Australia), and close to 30 in India if you want to 'favourable pitches' argument.

Jadeja might be a home track (and Australia/South Africa) bully, but bully he does.
Spinners taking wickets on favorable wickets isn't a bad thing , that's their moment to shine and get the big hauls and I never understand why it has to be justified...The pressure is on for the spinner to deliver when it's Spinning ..The deeper problem from those that complain about Asian spinners is that their teams are hopeless against spin like my team SA so to feel better about life they try and invalidate spinners like Ashwin and Jadeja who are class ...

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Spinners taking wickets on favorable wickets isn't a bad thing , that's their moment to shine and get the big hauls and I never understand why it has to be justified...The pressure is on for the spinner to deliver when it's Spinning ..The deeper problem from those that complain about Asian spinners is that their teams are hopeless against spin like my team SA so to feel better about life they try and invalidate spinners like Ashwin and Jadeja who are class ...
Burgey rn...

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Considering the votes and comments here, surprised how Swann ended up ahead of Jadeja in this CW voting.

Migara

International Coach
Considering the votes and comments here, surprised how Swann ended up ahead of Jadeja in this CW voting.

Jadeja has improved his reputation rapidly with some solid away performances since the voting.

subshakerz

International Coach
Swann has won games in England, SA, India, SL and Australia. In fact, for much of his career he was winning at least a game a series for England regardless of conditions.

Jadeja has some pretty figures but in terms of match impact has been pretty benign outside of the SC.

So Swann for me. A far more dangerous spinner who didn't need tailormade pitches.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is actually a very close comparison. Jadeja and Swann both suspiciously and selfishly withdrew from Australian test tours with a series still on the line, without really giving any thought to the well being of their team mates. Luckily for Jadeja his team prospered, which may well say a fair bit about his contributions when he's there.

At least Jadeja didn't retire mid-tour, so even though he plainly isn't a team man, I'l give this one to him.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
This is actually a very close comparison. Jadeja and Swann both suspiciously and selfishly withdrew from Australian test tours with a series still on the line, without really giving any thought to the well being of their team mates. Luckily for Jadeja his team prospered, which may well say a fair bit about his contributions when he's there.

At least Jadeja didn't retire mid-tour, so even though he plainly isn't a team man, I'l give this one to him.
Jadeja averaged 15 with the ball and 85 with the bat in that series lol. He took a merciful retreat so that opposition suffers less.