• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kapil Dev vs Ryan Harris

Who was the better bowler?(Tests)

• Kapil Dev

Votes: 32 71.1%
  • Ryan Harris

Votes: 13 28.9%

• Total voters

Xix2565

International Regular
I mean 27 matches across a few more years than Kapil's peak where he played as much in a shorter span of time doesn't change the fact that it is still 27 matches and still a very short career that only consisted of the best performances Harris could string together while battling a degrading knee without any typical rise/slump in careers like other players have had. And to just ignore the variety of conditions he didn't face is also bizarre when talking him up as some sort of bowling god just because he looked pretty in Australia/South Africa.

subshakerz

International Coach
Now he became only slightly ahead. ?when 3 days ago Laxman wasn't in same class as Inzamam .

And no I have no interest in converting this forum to another IND vs PAK troll outpost which you have been trying to do so hard .
Except I am not anti-Indian players. You just see it that way because you can't take a Pak poster criticizing anything India.

Coronis

International Coach
So if bowlers only play 27 tests and never play in India, does that make them inferior to Kapil??
Like O’Reilly.

Harris is Mitch Johnson if Mitch were only picked for the tests he was a literal God, and if he’d been injured/dropped/not even selected/not even a consideration for the test squad/not even doing it in domestic cricket for the rest of his career.
Awful post. Peak Johnson >>> Peak Harris. Honestly the next thread should be Kapil vs Johnson, might be a close one plus we keep the Aus India drama going.

Xix2565

International Regular
Except I am not anti-Indian players. You just see it that way because you can't take a Pak poster criticizing anything India.
You say that but your standards are so bizarre and inconsistent that it basically disqualifies anything you say on a topic.

So if bowlers only play 27 tests and never play in India, does that make them inferior to Kapil??
I mean to quote from a post earlier, what would Harris have been like if he had played more Tests in batting friendly conditions or outside of Australia? His injury history isn't his fault but it can't be ignored that there are a few questions he didn't get to answer a lot in his record compared to Kapil.

subshakerz

International Coach
I mean 27 matches across a few more years than Kapil's peak where he played as much in a shorter span of time doesn't change the fact that it is still 27 matches and still a very short career that only consisted of the best performances Harris could string together while battling a degrading knee without any typical rise/slump in careers like other players have had. And to just ignore the variety of conditions he didn't face is also bizarre when talking him up as some sort of bowling god just because he looked pretty in Australia/South Africa.
He did perform in SL though so you are the one ignoring. And we did actually see him perform in that time, he was an excellent bowler, consistent and a really intelligent in how he used swing and cut.

But yes, 27 tests isn't a lot at the end of the day which is why Kapil supporters rather than denigrating Harris, should just leave it at him having too unfulfilled career to compare to Kapil.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
But yes, 27 tests isn't a lot at the end of the day which is why Kapil supporters rather than denigrating Harris, should just leave it at him having too unfulfilled career to compare to Kapil.
It's you they are denigrating, not Harris. Poor though, I agree, not in the spirit of the forum. Neither is it to call people Indian fanbois and Kapil supporters.

subshakerz

International Coach
You say that but your standards are so bizarre and inconsistent that it basically disqualifies anything you say on a topic.
Somehow Indian posters didn't accuse me of bizarre standards when I was defending Sachin as the best since Bradman and Gavaskar as the best opener of the modern era.

Xix2565

International Regular
He did perform in SL though so you are the one ignoring. And we did actually see him perform in that time, he was an excellent bowler, consistent and a really intelligent bowler.

Easy to be great when you only play at your best with decent support, it's hardly some point in his favour like some people here are bent on assuming. And SL is one country in Asia where he played only 2 Tests. Barely anything to consider really.

I mean for you it was enough so which is it really?

Xix2565

International Regular
Somehow Indian posters didn't accuse me of bizarre standards when I was defending Sachin as the best since Bradman and Gavaskar as the best opener of the modern era.
I wasn't referring to that so... You've had weird takes before this, so I'm taking your entire posting record into account.

subshakerz

International Coach
It's you they are denigrating, not Harris. Poor though, I agree, not in the spirit of the forum. Neither is it to call people Indian fanbois and Kapil supporters.
Well, fanboy is hardly the same insult. I was merely responding in kind, I don't get personal anyways.

subshakerz

International Coach
I wasn't referring to that so... You've had weird takes before this, so I'm taking your entire posting record into account.
We all are allowed odd takes otherwise its a pretty boring forum, no? At least I stick to my own opinions rather than be a bandwagon jumper like a few other posters I can name.

The anti-India bias accusation is what I find funny, but ah well.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
We all are allowed odd takes otherwise its a pretty boring forum, no? At least I stick to my own opinions rather than be a bandwagon jumper like a few other posters I can name.

The anti-India bias accusation is what I find funny, but ah well.
I, for one, don't think you are anti-India or something like that. Your logic is terrible though. However, you are consistent in that, so kudos.