• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Women's Cricket discussion thread

RossTaylorsBox

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I see the no-skill thing trotted out all the time re Mankads, but like, earlier in the game Mandhana got out to one of the worst balls you'll ever see. like any sport, extremely skilled acts can go unrewarded in cricket and the luckiest dumb **** can change the game. so who gives a **** about 'skill'? that to me is irreverent here. a common dismissal in cricket are two batters getting themselves confused and the fielding side walking up to the stumps to run them out. there's no skill there, and if that had happened here all we'd be doing is laughing at the english batters.
Agreed, but when I'm watching sports it's so I can see athletes doing things at a high skill level or athletes ****ing up in hilarious ways, and despite what some have posted here I don't think Mankads are either of those. Would still allow them though.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
lol at claiming Mankads require skill
I don't think anyone believes that, but using 'skill' as an argument against mankadding seems irrelevant. we're a sport that has overthrows off of deflections and leg-byes for skill errors which can end up being the difference between winning and losing. some keepers try to do the trick of holding onto the ball until a batter lifts their foot up for a spilt second to get the stumping. is that anymore or less skilful than mankadding

mr_mister

I get the feeling that mr mr has brown friends and is gonna bring them up soon.
Mate I quit my 6th grade club team (tasker park) because the one way sledging and open hostility toward indian players onfield made me uncomfortable. I can probably find a quote of me discussing it right here on CW

I hate sledging and I also hate mankadding. But mankadding is the current issue on my mind as this incident happened yesterday

I just want cricket that tastes like real cricket

Socerer 01

International Captain
some keepers try to do the trick of holding onto the ball until a batter lifts their foot up for a spilt second to get the stumping. is that anymore or less skilful than mankadding
Still remember Vaughn slagging off Ashwin after the Buttler runout in the IPL for weeks and then praising Foakes for doing this trick to an Irish batter in an ODI as presence of mind

social

I don't think anyone believes that, but using 'skill' as an argument against mankadding seems irrelevant. we're a sport that has overthrows off of deflections and leg-byes for skill errors which can end up being the difference between winning and losing. some keepers try to do the trick of holding onto the ball until a batter lifts their foot up for a spilt second to get the stumping. is that anymore or less skilful than mankadding
Cricket is a game of batting, bowling & fielding

Mankads involve none of the above and in most instances, the ball isn’t even in play when attempted

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Also the mythical spirit of the game. Isn't the stumping done only because it is felt the batsman has an undue advantage changing his position from the stance, so how do we explain this being in the spirit of the game then?

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
Still remember Vaughn slagging off Ashwin after the Buttler runout in the IPL for weeks and then praising Foakes for doing this trick to an Irish batter in an ODI as presence of mind
Vaughan's rule is simple. Say something edgy to get under people's skin, get some attention that he desperately needs/begs for. RINSE. REPEAT.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Mate I quit my 6th grade club team (tasker park) because the one way sledging and open hostility toward indian players onfield made me uncomfortable. I can probably find a quote of me discussing it right here on CW

I hate sledging and I also hate mankadding. But mankadding is the current issue on my mind as this incident happened yesterday

I just want cricket that tastes like real cricket
Fair enough. That is my fault. Will delete the post. Apologies if I hurt you, honestly.

Still feel your views on the dismissal has been idiotic to say the least though.