• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South African tour of England and Ireland 2022

Preed

U19 12th Man
Surely Roy must go now and Salt to come in but unfortunately we have a weak Captain who lacks the courage to upset the clique

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Why don't they just open with Bairstow? I know not everyone can open but when you have someone suffering from the yips opening and YJB in the same team you're better off getting Bairstow to open to get the best out of him. Get Brooks in the middle order.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Roussouw man of the match in a glorious triumph. Gotta love it. He's simply too talented to sideline and SA have got to get the most out of him IMO.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
England don't look like the team that will go far in Australia in T20WC... As much as their commies hype it.
They have NZ WI Aus in their group all three capable sides to knock them out of the group stage.
They need to give these bilaterals to players like Salt Brooks rather than wasting their time on hacks like Roy.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Why don't they just open with Bairstow? I know not everyone can open but when you have someone suffering from the yips opening and YJB in the same team you're better off getting Bairstow to open to get the best out of him. Get Brooks in the middle order.
Yeah they don't necessarily need to find another opener, they're already playing too many of them. If they think Brooks is the next best bat - or even close to that - then Bairstow should open.

Red_Ink_Squid

Global Moderator
Yeah they don't necessarily need to find another opener, they're already playing too many of them. If they think Brooks is the next best bat - or even close to that - then Bairstow should open.
I think that Salt is seen as the next batsman in line, ahead of Brooks, so wouldn't mind if they just made a straight swap. But they really need to make the call and pull Roy out asap rather than let him limp along to the WC in his current form.

Marius

International Debutant
He is gonna have to show me a hell'va a lot more composure... his talent has never been in doubt, hence all his previous opportunities. But if he is just gonna mindlessly hack at the ball, we might as well choose some younger talented players that have shown better temperament and growth.
Did Rilee's 90* show his composure and talent last night?

Marius

International Debutant
First half was doubtful... second half was brilliant. Has Reezas two 50s shown he is good enough?
RTeeza has impressed me the last two knocks. Rilee's overall record for me, would still put him ahead of Reeza, but Reeza certainly deserves his spot at the mo. Also played proper cricket shots.

If they were assassins Rilee would beat you to death with a baseball bat while Reeza would slit your throat without you even noticing it.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
What top 6/7 do SA rock up to the WC with, all 6 guys Bar klassen are shoeins or have done well this series, and rassie+ makram are both still on the bench. Reeza making runs complicates things alot.

1.Quinny
2.Reeza
3.Riley/Hulk
4.Makram/rassie
5.Rassie/makram
6.Miller/Stubbs
7.Hulk

You need Hulk at 7 for the bowling, can't rock up to a WC with makram as the 5th bowler and no other top order bats who can role the arm over. Stubbs missing out is rough but not sure what can be done about it.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I would rather see something like:

QDK
Bavuma/Reeza
VDD
Rillee
Markram
Miller
Stubbs
Maharaj
Rabada
Ngidi
Shamsi/Nortje

Markram and Stubbs to be 5/6th bowler. I don't see any of our bowling allrounder options being good enough with the ball to really compensate for their lesser batting. I would rather just try get away with the dodgy overs and have the ball striking ability lower down.

Bahseph

International Debutant
Markram is good for a couple of overs upfront. But Stubbs really doesn't have a bowling record to fall back on at all.