• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South African tour of England and Ireland 2022

Dendarii

International Debutant
Rassie as another potential bowling option? He's barely bowled in his career, but his stats from those matches he has bowled in are pretty good.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
What top 6/7 do SA rock up to the WC with, all 6 guys Bar klassen are shoeins or have done well this series, and rassie+ makram are both still on the bench. Reeza making runs complicates things alot.

1.Quinny
2.Reeza
3.Riley/Hulk
4.Makram/rassie
5.Rassie/makram
6.Miller/Stubbs
7.Hulk

You need Hulk at 7 for the bowling, can't rock up to a WC with makram as the 5th bowler and no other top order bats who can role the arm over. Stubbs missing out is rough but not sure what can be done about it.
I think SA look extremely strong with the bat. I think a lot of their players have gone under the radar in the last couple of years, and with Roussouw re-emerging and Brevis/Stubbs young guns in contention - they will have an extremely powerful top 6 come the WC
I feel like Pretorious and Andile are competing for one slot. Briefly in regards to the bowling, for me Shamsi, Maharaj and Rabada are locks with Nortje a probable to make the XI barring a recorrence of an injury. Ngidi also a good option
QDK, Rassie and Markram are 100% locks for me. Their place in the XI is indisputable, but there is flexibility around the other options imo. Hendricks will be the likely other opener and so the reality is that Miller/Klaasen/Brevis/Stubbs will likely be fighting for 2 places in the top 6

If I had to make a call and guess what XI will take the field for the T20 WC in Aus
QDK, Hendricks, Rassie, Markram, Miller, Stubbs, Pretorious, Rabada, Maharaj, Ngidi, Shamsi

Other squad players who will travel : Brevis, Klaasen (just ahead of Rossouw due to being an extra keeping option), Nortje*, Jansen
*Nortje for Maharaj if he's fully fit*

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't think Brevis will be going to WC, I would have liked to see him get an opportunity along with Bryce Parsons. Would have helped with the allrounder issues.

WpGuy

U19 Cricketer
What top 6/7 do SA rock up to the WC with, all 6 guys Bar klassen are shoeins or have done well this series, and rassie+ makram are both still on the bench. Reeza making runs complicates things alot.

1.Quinny
2.Reeza
3.Riley/Hulk
4.Makram/rassie
5.Rassie/makram
6.Miller/Stubbs
7.Hulk

You need Hulk at 7 for the bowling, can't rock up to a WC with makram as the 5th bowler and no other top order bats who can role the arm over. Stubbs missing out is rough but not sure what can be done about it.
1. quinny
2. temba
3.riley
4. rassie
5.miller
6.stubbs
7.hulk
8. parnell
9. rabada
10. Nortjie
11.shamsi/Maharaj

12. Janneman
13.makram
14. youngers leftie frees state now warriors forgot name future alrounder twin brother.
15. ngidi
16. shami/maharaj

WpGuy

U19 Cricketer
I think SA look extremely strong with the bat. I think a lot of their players have gone under the radar in the last couple of years, and with Roussouw re-emerging and Brevis/Stubbs young guns in contention - they will have an extremely powerful top 6 come the WC
I feel like Pretorious and Andile are competing for one slot. Briefly in regards to the bowling, for me Shamsi, Maharaj and Rabada are locks with Nortje a probable to make the XI barring a recorrence of an injury. Ngidi also a good option
QDK, Rassie and Markram are 100% locks for me. Their place in the XI is indisputable, but there is flexibility around the other options imo. Hendricks will be the likely other opener and so the reality is that Miller/Klaasen/Brevis/Stubbs will likely be fighting for 2 places in the top 6

If I had to make a call and guess what XI will take the field for the T20 WC in Aus
QDK, Hendricks, Rassie, Markram, Miller, Stubbs, Pretorious, Rabada, Maharaj, Ngidi, Shamsi

Other squad players who will travel : Brevis, Klaasen (just ahead of Rossouw due to being an extra keeping option), Nortje*, Jansen
*Nortje for Maharaj if he's fully fit*
Miller can keep as reserve actually.

davado

School Boy/Girl Captain
is liam livingston a bowler or a bowling alrounder?
i heard tell he hit a boundary once.
And those lancashire players are all crooks after that match fixing farce of a vitality blast final- so you never know.
point being- livingstone is way overated and has had along time to fulfill his potential. So i suppose he has. His potential must have been ****. He is ****house

WpGuy

U19 Cricketer
lo
is liam livingston a bowler or a bowling alrounder?
i heard tell he hit a boundary once.
And those lancashire players are all crooks after that match fixing farce of a vitality blast final- so you never know.
point being- livingstone is way overated and has had along time to fulfill his potential. So i suppose he has. His potential must have been ****. He is ****house
lol tad harsh? decent t20 player,

kevinw

International 12th Man
Roy stinking up the place has probably ruined Buttlers series too. He's usually best when he plays himself in, then accelerates. He's had to go harder, sooner, because Roy has been so out of form.

Niall

International Coach
To be fair on Liam he keeps coming in when the team is in a hopeless position, need a better platform from the top order because as we all know from his career the man is a beast.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Never thought much of Maharaj as a T20 bowler but he’s quietly done a good job opening the bowling.

Mind you it probably does help he gets to bowl at Roy in this form.