• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan tour of Sri Lanka - 2022

Xuhaib

International Coach
Even with a wicket in that over he goes for 10 runs. No Gambhiring. He's crap, despite what @honestbharani will tell you.
I am of the opinion that he is not test cricket ready and it was wrong to fast track him but atleast don't bash the bloke when he was actually the pick of the bowlers , 2 dropped catches took 1 wicket and went under 3 an over the whole day not sure what else he could have done today.

smash84

The Tiger King
I am of the opinion that he is not test cricket ready and it was wrong to fast track him but atleast don't bash the bloke when he was actually the pick of the bowlers , 2 dropped catches took 1 wicket and went under 3 an over the whole day not sure what else he could have done today.
That's what was surprising to me, that he was pretty economical until I logged in and made that post which @Shady Slim called gambhiring. He's been all over the place since :laugh:

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
I am of the opinion that he is not test cricket ready and it was wrong to fast track him
This is my opinion of him as well. The biggest mistake being debuting him in Australia of all places. Who knows what that did to his confidence.

Kid's got a lot of potential, just worried he'll be mismanaged.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
This is my opinion of him as well. The biggest mistake being debuting him in Australia of all places. Who knows what that did to his confidence.

Kid's got a lot of potential, just worried he'll be mismanaged.
Also spirit. I will rather have a team player than a talented player esp. in a side like Pakistan where you are most likely gonna have 7-8 talented players around anyways.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pakistan in a spot of bother here, not sure where the runs are going to come from.

They do have noted Test centurion Yasir Shah at 9 though. He last tonned up more recently than Kohli.

Xuhaib

International Coach
What a poor batting show on a pretty easy track I struggle to see this insistence of loading team with mediocre spinners while leaving batting light every game.

Migara

International Coach
What a poor batting show on a pretty easy track I struggle to see this insistence of loading team with mediocre spinners while leaving batting light every game.
For mediocre spinners to come good pitch should turn square. After Traveis-gate, I don't think SL curators are giving that option to mediocre spinners anymore.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Sri Lanka have some very talented batsmen Oahada,Mendis,Dhanjaya,Chandimal you can add Kushal Perera aswell but they are all under achieving a good 5-6 runs off their potential and this reflects in Sl rankings.

10-15 years back they had all time greats like Sanga and Mahela who fulfilled their promise and some great players like samraweera and dilshan who maximised their output and its no surprise they were nigh on impossible to beat in home conditions.