• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia tour of Sri Lanka 2022

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If they get the remaining wickets quickly, don't think Australia are completely out of this. If there's ever a batsman capable and in form do the hard yards to help set a difficult 5th day target, it's Smith.
Aus should just bat it out if they can IMO. Still look to score at a "normal" rate of course, but not worry about setting a target. No need to risk a loss when you're already 1-0 up.

Gob

International Coach
the australian time wasting between overs and even between balls is criminal. Australia cheating is just not cricket as far as im concerned. Bad luck youre going to lose, dont ruin the game because of it
Completely agree. They should be penalised with with WTC points

Gob

International Coach
Have to use your reviews wisely. Especially when you have hopeless umpires like Kumar

Well played

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Using your reviews wisely is a good idea. But how Dharmesena is still an top level umpire I don't know. For me it seems more political i.e. every big cricket country needs to be represented than actually about quality.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
"Shouldn't have used your reviews up" is victim blaming. Still expect the umpires to make the right decisions, and using up reviews isn't an excuse for the umpire to make as many wrong decisions as he wants

Gob

International Coach
Using your reviews wisely is a good idea. But how Dharmesena is still an top level umpire I don't know. For me it seems more political i.e. every big cricket country needs to be represented than actually about quality.
Bloke genuinely changed the out come of a world cup final ffs. Yeah diabolical

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
"Shouldn't have used your reviews up" is victim blaming. Still expect the umpires to make the right decisions, and using up reviews isn't an excuse for the umpire to make as many wrong decisions as he wants
Agree 100% .. you need to be wise with your reviews because umpires will make mistakes on occasion. But when you have a single umpire making mistake after mistake in test after test, you have to question why he has the job.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
He was a better Test cricketer than he is an umpire, and he averaged 42 as an offspinner despite playing 58% of his games in Sri Lanka and being called for chucking. It really says something.