• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia tour of Sri Lanka 2022

cnerd123

likes this
3 debutant spinners for SL, including Kamindu Mendis - the guy who bowls with both arms!

COVID did a number on the squad huh. Batting lineup looks somewhat intact, mystery spinner Theekshana playing in only his 4th ever FC game lol.

Aritro

International Regular
Jesus, is Rajitha bowling into the wind or what? In Bangladesh he was hitting 140, bowling with zip and plenty of swing. In his first over here he looks like he's struggling to get it to the other end.
He's at least got it up to mid 130s in the second over. Think the Deshi pitches offered a bit more carry than this one as well with all the grass they left on them.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not a bad ball they but a poor dismissal from an opener. Feet were nowhere and played the wrong line completely

Aritro

International Regular
****ing Rajitha clean bowls Warner with one that straightens past the bat. That'll do me, I feel vindicated now. Was wondering how Rajitha would go against a good team after destroying us.

cnerd123

likes this
I couldn't believe they left him out of the side. He looked twice the bowler Asitha did in that series. He does a lot better against left handers than right handers though.
great he probably won't take another wicket all game now thanks

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Khawaja and the middle order are covering up some major patches in this team. Marnus and Smith are on the decline, Warner is on his last legs and head can't bat away from home to save his life. Even if we win this series think the India one will be a big wakeup call.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Khawaja and the middle order are covering up some major patches in this team. Marnus and Smith are on the decline, Warner is on his last legs and head can't bat away from home to save his life. Even if we win this series think the India one will be a big wakeup call.
The big question is for Australia re Warner: even if he has a good home summer can he be trusted on an away Ashes tour?

It's a bit of a Doug Walters 1981 situation: even if he hits a great patch of home form like 19/20 it would be very hard considering his away record, esp in England, to have faith in him to deliver. I suspect though he's such an established member of the side he'll be there still.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Imagine your 4th first class game being a test match. Anyone have that beat?
Bunch of players made their FC debut in a Test. Mujeeb the most recent.

I think Fidel Edwards had only played a game or two beforehand as well.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Warner and Head you're right about. Marnus and Smith are not even close to being a problem though lol

Spark

Global Moderator
He's averaged low 30's since the start of the ashes last summer, also struggled in county Bar the occasional innings.
Yeah but that's just form/luck. "Decline" suggests something more permanent/terminal. He's still played good innings in that time.