• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in Pakistan 2022

Kirkut

International Regular
Self evident truth for anyone who's watched a game of cricket

That's a bad start
I'm not a big believer in hypothetical things, an example here would be how people would justify Sachin faltering in big games due to lack of team support. While there maybe some truth to that, he has underperformed in high pressure chases and I have made peace with that fact.

Spark

Global Moderator
For all the stick that the pillow has gotten throughout his career, he’s actually a really good player

Ridiculous that relative scrubs like Harris & Wade were preferred to him so often
I think he's underperformed his talent. But he has one thing that not that many of the guys we've tried since he debuted do not: obviously being good enough to play Test cricket

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm not a big believer in hypothetical things, an example here would be how people would justify Sachin faltering in big games due to lack of team support. While there maybe some truth to that, he has underperformed in high pressure chases and I have made peace with that fact.
If your fielders don't catch sitters, it will be harder to pick wickets. Hardly hypothetical.

So good from Khawaja.

trundler

I think he's underperformed his talent. But he has one thing that not that many of the guys we've tried since he debuted do not: obviously being good enough to play Test cricket
Yeah kinda like Starc goes missing sometimes but he's obviously better than Copeland. Playing Wade ahead of Khawaja is almost the same level of stupid.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah kinda like Starc goes missing sometimes but he's obviously better than Copeland. Playing Wade ahead of Khawaja is almost the same level of stupid.
Copeland might have been useful in certain conditions

Harris is a bona fide scrub at test level

Burgey

Yeah, plainly a test standard player. The sort of bloke who would miss out on the 90s/ 2000s sides but he should have always been in this side.

Until Marnus he was plainly the third best batsman in the country, and given Warner isn’t what he once was, Khawaja is probably still third best now.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Some strange water in the Pakistani gene pool

This guy Nauman looks older than Burgey & I

Spark

Global Moderator
As odd as it may seem when they took four poles in 160 overs and one was a run out, I think the discussion about Pakistan's lack of intent is a bit harsh on the Aus bowlers; it's pretty likely that had they batted more expansively, they would have lost more wickets and not gotten the total they had.

Anyway I don't see myself watching much more of this game if this is how this is going to go; not exactly thrilling stuff out there.

EDIT: Though inept keeping doesn't help.

flibbertyjibber

Warner going to get more in this innings than in his entire ashes series in England. I presume that was the last away series for Australia?

trundler

As odd as it may seem when they took four poles in 160 overs and one was a run out, I think the discussion about Pakistan's lack of intent is a bit harsh on the Aus bowlers; it's pretty likely that had they batted more expansively, they would have lost more wickets and not gotten the total they had.
The top order was fine really but Babar Azam needed to settle in and accelerate towards the end of the day. Azhar Ali getting 185 at a 50 SR is the perfect innings from him. Babar running himself out was absolutely moronic and so was that declaration.

trundler

Khawaja is going to get the easiest ton in a long time and we have SL touring Indus atm