• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The ATG Teams General arguing/discussing thread

ataraxia

International Coach
Richards /
Smith* /
Kallis / o
Pollock /
Nourse /
de Villiers + /
Faulkner / o
Procter o /
Pollock o /
Tayfield o
Steyn o

Prefer AB keeping as it allows both him and Aubrey to play. Procter vs Donald is the toughest choice of the lot.

I like this team; 4 seamers and 2 spinners, plus excellent batting down to 9. Pretty much perfect balance-wise, apart from AB keeping.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Richards /
Smith* /
Kallis / o
Pollock /
Nourse /
de Villiers + /
Faulkner / o
Procter o /
Pollock o /
Tayfield o
Steyn o

Prefer AB keeping as it allows both him and Aubrey to play. Procter vs Donald is the toughest choice of the lot.

I like this team; 4 seamers and 2 spinners, plus excellent batting down to 9. Pretty much perfect balance-wise, apart from AB keeping.
AB's a fine keeper/bat IMO

I think he was as good (possible even slightly better) a keeper than Boucher tbh, may be a big call

bagapath

International Captain
G Kirsten
G Smith (c)
JH Kallis (6)
GA Pollock
Dudley Nourse (jr)
AB de Villiers (wk)
GA Faulkner (4)
SM Pollock (3)
D Steyn (2)
HJ Tayfield (5)
AA Donald (1)

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
G Kirsten
G Smith (c)
JH Kallis (6)
GA Pollock
Dudley Nourse (jr)
AB de Villiers (wk)
GA Faulkner (4)
SM Pollock (3)
D Steyn (2)
HJ Tayfield (5)
AA Donald (1)
I understand why you haven't included Barry Richards, but surely you'd have Bruce Mitchell and Eddie Barlow ahead of Kirsten.

Nikhil99.99

U19 Cricketer
For India’s all time xi I would go
Engineer(wk)/Sehwag
Gavasker
Dravid
Sachin
Kohli(c)
Hazare/M.S.D (wk)
Dev
Jadeja
Ashwin
Shami/Nissar
Bumrah
Really strong batting line up.Kohli captains the side.3 quicks,2 spinners is a good balance but in home we can have 3 spinner,2 quicks.Would arguably beat West Indies all time xi in home.Will also give Australias all time xi a good fight in home,won’t win the series tho.Still lack on some departments to give good fight to aus,wi,england or Sa all time xi away especially fast bowling.

Last edited:

srbhkshk

International Captain
I'd rather pick Amar if we were to ever select between Amar and Nissar for an India side, not a particularly worse bowler (if at all) and a very handy batsman, almost bordering on an all rounder status.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Sehwag absolutely holds his spot.

Sehwag
Gavaskar
Dravid
Sachin
Kohli
Engineer/Dhoni/Pant
Kapil
Jadeja
Ashwin
Vinoo Mankad/Shami/Amar/Nissar
Bumrah

In India, I will go with Vinoo Mankad giving awesome depth with Ashwin at 10. Overseas, Shami or Amar or Nissar can come in preferably Amar for the depth to be maintained.

bagapath

International Captain
Sehwag
Gavaskar
Dravid
Tendulkar
Kohli
Dhoni+ (c)
Kapil
Ashwin
Bedi
Bumrah
Chandrasekar

Merchant
Rohit
Amarnath
Hazare (c)
Laxman
Mankad
Pant (wk)
Kumble
Shami
Zaheer
Prasanna

Sidhu
Gambhir
Umrigar
Viswanath
Ganguly (c)
Jadeja
Kirmani (wk)
Harbhajan
Srinath
Ishant
Gupte

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
I was also wondering who gets in the all-time deceased and living XIs: I had

JB Hobbs
L Hutton
DG Bradman*
GA Headley
WR Hammond
LEG Ames+
KR Miller
SK Warne
MD Marshall
FS Trueman
SF Barnes

(maybe O'Reilly for Barnes if you want an out-and-out second spinner, and fewer arguments over who gets the new ball)

vs

SM Gavaskar
BA Richards
BC Lara
SR Tendulkar
SPD Smith
GS Sobers
AC Gilchrist+
Imran Khan
RJ Hadlee
M Muralitharan
GD McGrath

Shady Slim

International Coach
Sehwag
Gavaskar
Dravid
Tendulkar
Kohli
Dhoni+ (c)
Kapil
Ashwin
Bedi
Bumrah
Chandrasekar

Merchant
Rohit
Amarnath
Hazare (c)
Laxman
Mankad
Pant (wk)
Kumble
Shami
Zaheer
Prasanna

Sidhu
Gambhir
Umrigar
Viswanath
Ganguly (c)
Jadeja
Kirmani (wk)
Harbhajan
Srinath
Ishant
Gupte
i have to defer to @JBMAC's judgement here and ask you - where is my man Engineer?