• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa in New Zealand 2022

Heboric

International Debutant
Well done lads wonderful comeback after the first test thrashing :clapping:
In the space of two months Goblin has dodged two results a captain does not want on their CV that permanent five o clock shadow is never going away

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
limited output from our WK/batsman,
Agree with the rest; disagree with this. Watling was a NZ great but struggled with the bat after his epic double hundred.

After a nightmarish time with the bat in India (where ironically our openers were v good), Blundell has given us pretty useful runs. It might have been a bad dismissal today but he averaged 34 vs Bangladesh and 48.66 vs SA.

Flem274*

123/5
I would love to have a look at NZC's finances and find out why it costs them half a million or whatever it is to host a Test match, as well as what amount of revenue they're able to generate of it.

If you can't run a profitable home Test on the back of being WTC champions then something must be really wrong. I get that NZ is an expensive place and the audience/market for Tests isn't that big, but surely there must be some revenue streams being untapped here.
i think they're flat out talking **** tbh. i can understand tests losing money, but 700k or whatever it was? randos like ****in' latvia can huck a camera at the ground and livestream their games, and iirc hawkeye are an nz company so you don't even need to fly them in.

apparently the 2015 wc money is all gone. im curious as to where.

i also have strong suspicions but zero evidence sky tv was getting the broadcast rights for far less than they were worth, so i completely understand why NZC leapt to spark as soon as they put in a real bid.

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
Isn't it more than hardly any overseas broadcaster is going to be paying much for international broadcasting rights to NZ tests which are generally on at poor times for much of the cricket-watching world?

cnerd123

likes this
Isn't it more than hardly any overseas broadcaster is going to be paying much for international broadcasting rights to NZ tests which are generally on at poor times for much of the cricket-watching world?
NZ really need to look into Day-Night Tests

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
9, 18, 8, 4, 10, 2, 6, 0, 11*, 11, 0, 8, 30, 5, 4, 0, 0, 6, 0, 4, 5 and 17

Tim Southee's innings since the 2019-20 season started, averaging 7.5. If not Chris Martin territory, certainly McGrath or Walsh - who both averaged 7 and were bonafide 11s.

The reason I want to play CdG, Mitchell and Blundell from 6-8 at Lord's is that I know Jamieson, Southee and either Boult/Henry/Wagner are going to get peppered with the short **** and they won't handle it. In fact, that's how every team will bowl at us from now on. And can anyone imagine that they're going to improve? I know they're not batsmen, but it's galling that we can kinda never expect that our 9-11 (or sometimes 8-11) will get in behind it and try and bat time/for a more established batsman.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Great win from SA. Also, massive props to the youngster marco jansen. Bowled very well in both innings, took 7fer and made an important 40* in the first innings. Not as impactful as rabada, verynenne or erwee but massive effort from the young lad after a pretty poor showing in the first test.

Marius

International Debutant
Well done, great to see the guys get the win. Slowly but surely if feels like the correct choices are being made and hopefully SA team can continue producing the goods and improving. When's the next tour of Aus?
End of the year I think.