• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa in New Zealand 2022

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Not as bad as our test in Pakistan in 2002.
Pakistan 643 (Inzy 329)
NZ 73 and 246.

The tour was then cancelled after a bomb exploded near the NZ hotel before the 2nd test.

We also always get absolutely slaughtered whenever we play the Saffas in South Africa. I don't understand why England always seems to do really well over there.
Guys who played that Test, especially the first innings, say at times they literally couldn't see the ball when Shoaib was bowling. They were petrified.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
I see that that Shoaib didn't bowl in the 2nd innings after his 6 for 11 in the first. I wonder why, but they still had Waqar, Razzaq, Kaneria, Saqlain, and Afridi. Killer attack even without Wasim.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
This was the period where New Zealand had issues with anyone bowling quick. Sami gave them a few frights around this period as well.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tom Blundell (from Cricinfo) said:
I think Tears [Henry] has been outrageous this game and hopefully him and Timmy [Southee] and the rest of the bowlers can do the job tomorrow.
Anyone got any explanation for that nickname?

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
We also always get absolutely slaughtered whenever we play the Saffas in South Africa. I don't understand why England always seems to do really well over there.
Eng have lots of ex Saffas. So NZ on the right track to do well next visit.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
That Wagner innings almost as match-defining as Henry's first innings effort IMO, put South Africa's attack completely off their game. Think they'd have fancied executing their bowling plans against a rejigged middle order.

Credit to Nicholls for stepping up with no Williamson and Taylor around. Obviously the dropped catches and home conditions come into it, but full marks for showing responsibility. Would like to see Will Young in the middle order, but all good for now I suppose.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Rabada's NZ numbers look poor. A case of his natural length being a touch too short for NZ conditions?

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Geez Markram needs some runs badly! Needs the ability to fight through challenging periods and come through it unscathed. Don't want to see a talent like him go unfulfilled.

Quality player, always want him to do well, but he's going through a barren-run here. High quality test bowlers are working him out with regularity.

Frost

U19 Debutant
Match over today? Saf have been embarrassing in all departments, their much talked about bowling attack did nothing on pitch still offering somthing.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Match over today? Saf have been embarrassing in all departments, their much talked about bowling attack did nothing on pitch still offering somthing.
With the forecast, looks like the final session is probably washed out, so maybe Saf will live to fight another day.