• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in Pakistan 2022

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not a bad squad overall. Would obviously like to see JRich there, and Harris is lamentable. But otherwise pretty much as expected I guess.

Hope we get to see some good cricket. Will be awesome if this goes head in front of full stadia.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Rauf in the test squad a typical galaxy brain selection. Be interesting to see what bowling combination they go for, two of pace and spin plus Faheem is what I'd do, you need to be able to exploit our weakness against spin.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rauf in the test squad a typical galaxy brain selection. Be interesting to see what bowling combination they go for, two of pace and spin plus Faheem is what I'd do, you need to be able to exploit our weakness against spin.
That's what they did in the last home summer. Abdullah Shafique is also a bizarre selection. Doesn't make sense how Kamran Ghulam is merely in the reserves whilst a guy with 5 FC games is a back up batsman.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
That's what they did in the last home summer. Abdullah Shafique is also a bizarre selection. Doesn't make sense how Kamran Ghulam is merely in the reserves whilst a guy with 5 FC games is a back up batsman.
Abdullah isn't a backup, he started vs Bangladesh and did well up too, him and Shan are most likely to open.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Yeah the board seems settled on him, I guess let's see at this point. Not sure if I'm very confident our spinners will actually be a proper threat. Nomi Bhai was good against SA but stunk it up against bangbros. Should be interesting to see how Sajid goes against them though.

How is Yasir even in the reserves? Last I heard he was under criminal investigation.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah the board seems settled on him, I guess let's see at this point. Not sure if I'm very confident our spinners will actually be a proper threat. Nomi Bhai was good against SA but stunk it up against bangbros. Should be interesting to see how Sajid goes against them though.

How is Yasir even in the reserves? Last I heard he was under criminal investigation.
I think he was cleared of those charges. And honestly, you need Yasir in your XI, forget reserves. Its a proper Catch 22 for you guys. Your best bowlers in the main squad are seamers and the late winter/early spring conditions should aid swing over there in Pak this time of the year. And yet, you don't wanna give Aussies a sniff.

The one thing that is in your favor is that Aus pretty much suck against swing bowling too, like most other sides in world cricket. And Pak actually handle swing pretty well as they have shown with their record in England and decent enough performances over the years in NZ. So if you guys go for those sort of wickets, which is pretty easy to do this time of the year, there is a good chance for your guys to win this series and even win it handily.

Gob

International Coach
First time I've heard anyone suggesting that Pakistan batsmen are good against any kind of a moving ball